Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: going to springville! any tips???

Kawaboy-zx11 Guest

Default going to springville! any tips???

well my boss said i could take off april 5th 6th and 7th to go to KY lake (its nice to work for a fellow fisherman!) lol. anyway i was there a few years ago and put in at springville pump house and had a great time with lots of slabs, i want to go the same place this year but i found a KOA campground in paris landing, is that close to the pump house? i hope so, there might even be a better place to put in but i dont know about it yet....only been there once. can you guys or gals let me in on any tips? such as lure size, colors exc.... any help would be appreciated, my father and i are comming from Portage, IN and we are looking to get some good ones! Thanks, Dennis

Post Thanks / Like

Go anywhere in Sandy and go shallow if the weather stays warm. If casting jigs, 1/16th or even 1/32nd. Hair jigs, other jigs, jig with spinner(like beetle spin). Minnows with a long pole, 10 to 12 foot pole in the bushes with a small jig or a minnow. Tip the small jig with a niblet or even a minnow. The fish started bitting good two days ago and moving shallow. Colors on jigs, anything with chartruese on it, pink, pink & white, try a dark jig. If fishing open water and windy you might have to use 1/8th heavier jigs.

Springville pump house area is great fishing. KOA Campground is close to Buchanan Resort or Mansord Island.

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Bingo

what ramp is the pumphouse at ?
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Local's there called it the Pump House ramp. Pleasant View Resort is right next to this ramp. I have never launched from that ramp. But I did visit the dock at Pleasant View Resort to buy minnows one time with Tom.
    I'll see if I can take a screen shot of my garmin mapsource City Navigator Map of that region and post it in here though photobucket. I'll show you where the pump house is located. It's not far from Tom's KY Lake House.

This map shows where the pump house launch is located. It also shows were the Britany Ford Lauch Ramp is located .

frank lawhead]what ramp is the pumphouse at ?[/quote]
    Last edited by Moose1am; 04-01-2006 at 12:50 PM.
    Regards,

Moose1am

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Moose

Thanks Moose---just Playin With The Map To Figure Where Things Are At
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER