Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Truman help-unfamiliar with the lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman help-unfamiliar with the lake

Hi all,I am driving up from Springfield to meet my brother-in-laws from olathe for a long labor day weekend away from the wives. (counting down the days!) I mainly fish stockton and don't know diddley about Truman. We are staying up by the Tebo creek area at hickory hollow resort. Is the tebo creek area good fishing or are we better off driving and putting in at bucksaw or teal bend. On a map the Tebo area is a long arm down to the state park area and looks like it would be good fishing but what do I know? On my fishing hot spots map I bought from Fin and Feather it shows tebo creek area to be full of timber and fairly shallow. It almost looks like it would be hard to navigate through. We are mainly minnow and bobber fishing I haven't quite figured out the jig concept yet. Also am I better off driving up 13 or 65 to get there?any advice is appreciated!Thanks, Tom

Post Thanks / Like

First off welcome to C.C... from the looks on Google Earth Hwy13 out of Springfield to Clinton then picking up Hwy7 to the east is the closest way,,yes some good fishing in that area,, u will be close to the Windsor Crossing ramp but u also are just a few miles from Bucksaw area and also the Long Shoal area,, iam sure there are some from that area that can expand more,, Good luck.
    Jiggin 15, Old Silversides, Bwillaub, and some more here should be able to advise
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the welcome and the info. There is so much to the lake it's almost overwelming

Post Thanks / Like

You will be much better off to fish out of long shoal or bucksaw, if you don't know the lake from windsor crossing to long shoal you would be or could be in serious trouble, lots of timber..... and there is a decent bite in both the long shoal are up toward bucksaw and from bucksaw down or up a bit from bucksaw... good luck and welcome to the site......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by olesilverside View Post
    You will be much better off to fish out of long shoal or bucksaw, if you don't know the lake from windsor crossing to long shoal you would be or could be in serious trouble, lots of timber..... and there is a decent bite in both the long shoal are up toward bucksaw and from bucksaw down or up a bit from bucksaw... good luck and welcome to the site......
    Just by looking at the map i was thinking that. Thanks for the help it's much appreciated.Tom

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Tom & welcome to the site....We hit Truman about every weekend & right now the best up is just like Old Fuzzy said...Once at Bucksaw you can go a mile or two either direction from Marina & catch plenty of fish....Sounds like cedars are doing pretty good right now & I caught plenty last weekend on cedars up from Bucksaw about a mile......Good luck...

Post Thanks / Like

I went with BWILLAUB this past monday and did great even in the rain and cool breeze. We put in at bucksaw. Good fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

I would strongly suggest paging back and reading the Truman/Grand/Bucksaw threads. Lots of good info in those threads. Much more than we could give here.
    Welcome to the site. Hope you enjoy your stay and become a regular.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the great information guys. Work here in paint sales is slow right now with our economy the way it is so I have plenty of time for research. I am getting excited to have 4 days with the bro in laws and no wives in sight.

Post Thanks / Like

Just a thought and no disrespect towards the other resort u named but u may want to get a price from bucksaw as they have cabins,,bait, gas dock and it all , i don't know if they give discounts for crappie . Com members but it wouldn't hurt to ask Richard
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast