Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: close to home catfishin?

Post Thanks / Like

Default close to home catfishin?

Hey guys, i was wondering if any of yall knew of a good spot on Springfield lake or Fellows or even farm ponds that me and a buddy of mine could go pick up some eating size cats, really just looking for a nice spot near home, we live in Ozark and just looking for a good supper. If anybody does know of some people with good farm ponds that we could go try a PM with their number to see if they would let us would be greatly appreciated!!! Any and all information and direction helps, thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

MO is litered with conservation areas that have small lakes and fishing ponds. If you can get a boat on one near you take two gallon cans of sweet corn, dump that and mark with a fishing bouy. Helps if it has standing timber to tie off to. Go look around the lake a bit ~ 30 min. to an hour. Come back and anchor just off that area and have fun. You should both be able to limit out (4 each) in no time. I've used this method twice and caught double digits both times using anything from cut minners to liver as bait. The funnest time was in my kayak. I dumped, trolled a crank bait a bit, came back tied right over the spot.. I mean right on top in 12 fow. Dropped a minner cut in half down and before I could bait my second pole that first pole pulled down with a 7# channel. I kept my four, caught twelve, had a blast.