Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bucksaw & Bearing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bucksaw & Bearing

Went up to Bucksaw with three family members. Didn't take raingear as I checked our weather in Branson area only not looking to the north. No rain in Reeds but a lot of rain at Bucksaw with lightning. We fished under U highway bridge when it was lightning and hit the coves near it when it was clear. Only put 17 keepers in the boat and had to leave as my pop was shivering severely. 67 degrees when we left. about 10 minutes after we left we heard a rumbling noise and I thought it might be hwy 7 making the small vibration. By the time I was to I44 and Hwy 13 I could see my rear tire was at an angle and steam was coming out of it. Pulled into Wal Mart parking lot and did the trailor bearing fire drill. Took two hours to get it apart with a temporary fix to get it home. Sitting in the basement. Oil baths were full in March. Hadn't checked them since. Not too hot on the design. One small nick or pin hole and all the oil comes out. At least with grease it doesn't flow out when a leak develops. Gonna see about converting to bearing buddies.
    Biggest fish was 1 1/4lb 13.5" under hwy U bridge. All the rest were good eaters. Minnows on hook with a split shot up 12". Fish were 8 - 14 ft with the bigger ones in 8'.
    Standing in the Gap

Speck is online now MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you caught the bearing before it got worse. It could have been a bad situation. Otherwise sounds like a great day on the water. Good job Greg

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Darn the luck your having lately, hope the berring trouble is not to bad,, congrats on the catch and time with the family... later little buddy

Post Thanks / Like

Under the circumstances glad everything turned out ok.

Post Thanks / Like

Never a dull moment. Glad you caught fish and made it home safe.

Post Thanks / Like

I think if you own a boat and travel much you have been in that situation, not fun. on long trips i now carry extra seals and bearings and tools.

Post Thanks / Like

The price we all pay for a few fish? Glad that you made it home safely.
    Give someone a fish and you feed them for a day; teach someone to fish and you feed them for life.
    Matthew 5:19 "Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Frank C View Post
    I think if you own a boat and travel much you have been in that situation, not fun. on long trips i now carry extra seals and bearings and tools.
    Very good idea.
    I'm going to put another hub pre loaded with bearings with all the tools i need in the front of the boat. I want that down time to be less than 30 minutes if it ever happens again. Not fun going to O'Reilly's back to the trailer, back to O'Reilly's and back to the trailer.

I have to say I am please O'Reilly has more than ten stores in springfield. Never one more than 1 mile away and one of the stores usually has what I need.

G.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Wish we could have talked a bit yesterday, Greg. Glad you caught a few. Come on up and wet a hook with me sometime.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you caught some fish.Hate that u had problems.But like u said O'reillys on every corner.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast