Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Crappie fisherman hooked

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Crappie fisherman hooked

Well as most folks have posted you can tell it was wet out there today. I finally got out in a boat thanks to Bob, Bwillaub, and we took my daughter, Riley. We got up early for her, 4:20 and she was excited to say the least. She got dressed soo fast that she forgot to take her pajama bottoms off. We headed out to Bob's home and got in his truck and headed to Truman. We saw a little rain and a lot lightening. We waited at the marina for a little bit and decided to head out. As soon as we got to Bob's fishing hole we started pulling them in. Riley did not have as much luck as us initially and she was starting to get really wet and cold. after hiding out under a bridge for a little bit and she learned what a few of the gizmos were on Bob's boat she got back into it. Soon she pulled in probably the biggest crappie of the day and a little while later she pulled in probably the second biggest and was content to spend the rest of the trip getting rained on, playing with the minnows, and putting Bob's keepers in the live well.

She really surprised me with how much she dealt with the rain and cold without complaining. She really looked and acted like she had been fishing for a while.

Bob - I have to say she is now hooked. She has not stopped talking about it all day and can not wait until she can go out again. For me its nice because i finally got someone in the house on my side for buying a boat.

If i did this right here are some pictures from the day. 27 total crappie + rain +NO WORK = a good day.
    Name:  IMAG0039.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  24.1 KBName:  IMAG0040.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  28.4 KBName:  IMAG0042.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  51.2 KBName:  IMAG0044.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  25.4 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like the girl is hooked for life.Congrats on a great day. WHAT KIND OF BOAT R U GETTING!

Post Thanks / Like

hooked for sure !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

It looks like the little trooper had an awesome day.....good work fellas.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

you outa be proud,seen grown men whine when it starts raining,congrats on a good day and nice looking fish.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Way to go dad. You went with a great guy for sure. He is known for catching fish in the rain. Or at least when I with him. He can always turn a cold rainy nasty day into a good trip that you will not forget. Great pics of some very nice fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, a good day for sure.

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

That's AWESOME!!!! Congrats on a great day on the water. Hopefully little Riley will be a life long crappie fisherwoman. Told ya that Bwillaub is one of the best on the lake and a hell of a nice guy to boot.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome day to say the least. There is nothing better in this world than to fish with your children. Glad you caught em.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a nice day for sure dad. Congrats on the catch and getting to spend some quality time with that little girl.
    "They call me The Crappie Menace."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast