Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Dipping for white bass at ElDorado?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dipping for white bass at ElDorado?

Made it to El Dorado real early Sunday morning to find the white bass and wipers waiting for me on the road bed.Hands Clapping Found a couple that would play, then headed up river to do some dipping for crappie. Caught a hand full of crappie 2-3ft deep in the shade around stumps or on the shady side of stumps out in the sun. Found this to be a good tatic to also catch white bass, as I caught as many of them as I did crappie. Sure fun on a light 10ft pole. Figured the white bass in the river would be roaming the channel, but guess they like shade as much as any other fish. Anybody else ever seen this?

Had a hard time keeping my minnows alive, had them in a bucket in my livewell and kept the water circulating. But still must of been to hot for them. (I'm sure ice would of helped) Had one rosy-red minnow mixed in the bunch, he lasted the longest. Maybe the rosy-reds are a little hardier. Only one way to find out, guess I'll have to go fishing again.

Post Thanks / Like

That's why at times you'll find whites stacked up on the shady side of the causeways, same kinda thing. Fish don't like to get sunburned!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good, any size on them crappie, seen some toads doing that.

Post Thanks / Like

Try freezing a couple water bottles and throwing one in your minnow bucket. I haven't fished but about three times in these 100 degree temps but the few times I have, I haven't had a minnow die yet.

Post Thanks / Like

I use a frabill bucket with an areator and no ice. No dead minnows yet this summer. The problem now is the areator sounds like a low flying airplane. I'm too cheap to get a new one since it's doing the job.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nick97 View Post
    Try freezing a couple water bottles and throwing one in your minnow bucket. I haven't fished but about three times in these 100 degree temps but the few times I have, I haven't had a minnow die yet.
    Till ya put it in the water DohDohDohDoh <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER