Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sufix Elite line

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sufix Elite line

just picked up some of this line in hi vis yellow was wondering if anyone has used this line before good and bad thanks

Post Thanks / Like

not yet. I was watching an episode of Linders fishing edge and Al was promoting the Sufix Elite line, 20 pound, for walleye fishing. He was pulling in some monsters using that line. I even checj out Sufix website and figured I may have to give that line a try. This year I have been doing research into Walleye fishing, one of the items under review is fishing line. Let me know what you think of the line?
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using the 6lb. test for my last 4-5 trips to the river. So far, no complaints overall but it does seem to have some stretch to it. I've also been using the Viscious hi-vis yellow on another reel and really like it. I would say that the Sufix and the Viscious are comparable overall, both seem to be great line.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CPerry View Post
    I've been using the 6lb. test for my last 4-5 trips to the river. So far, no complaints overall but it does seem to have some stretch to it. I've also been using the Viscious hi-vis yellow on another reel and really like it. I would say that the Sufix and the Viscious are comparable overall, both seem to be great line.
    It's mono, it'll stretch. Silky smooth though. Viscous isn't near as soft feeling IMO. Both ARE good lines.
    We only sell the Best. Ranger, Xpress, Yamaha, Suzuki, Tohatsu.

Post Thanks / Like

Elite is a typical mono, as opposed to copolymers which are more limp, abrasion resistant, less stretchy, and stronger. After using braid I now find it hard to use mono. Mono feels numb now. If I do it's definitely copolymer though. I like Sufix lines, but am not a big fan of elite. I tried some when it first came out. Too stretchy and had too much memory.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with Grizz on this one. It's a good mono but since I switched to Fireline over a year ago any mono / co-poly feels spongy.

Post Thanks / Like

Just bought a new reel ,filled it with the Suffix 6lb. Haven't used it too much yet but it seems ok. Hard for me to get anything but Maxima...

Proud Member Of Team Geezer
    Member: Michigan Chapter of Team Overalls

Post Thanks / Like

i have use suffix for along time, trolling poles, jig poles one of the best . another good line is p-line i also use it alot. those are both top quality line. i used golden stren for years, i decided to change to viscious since i had heard so much about it but after a few trips i was not pleased.
    Pro Staff:
    Excel Boat (Meatgetter Edition)
    Crappieholic Apparel
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Ozark Rods

Please support these great companies!

Post Thanks / Like

P-line has a better feel to it and it is less brittle as it ages. Suffix makes some good line but I am not a fan of the Elite.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats because P-line is a copolymer. Copoly deteriorates far slower than normal mono. I have had copoly in a bulk spool for 6 yrs that is just as good as the day I bought it. Regular mono is junk after a year. P-Line is very strong, but other copolys I've used have been thinner and more limp.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast