Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sliding Bobber Stops

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sliding Bobber Stops

What the heck? Can't find anything local but the thread type, and they loosen-up in no time. I found the plastic "dogbone" type online. Was at Gander Mountain today & they didn't have them either. Anyone know of any chain-store places (which might have a store in Indiana) that carries them?

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I buy mine at WalMart......small rubber football shaped and on a fine wire that allows you to transfer it to your line. BPS carries them also
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Tie your own with a little heavier mono than you have on your main line. It will hold up better than any store bought stops. Other than that, the small little rubber stops that are on little wires, are good as long as your line is not too thick, but they do not slip through smaller guides very well. The dogbone type your talking about are no count, they put major twist and crimps in your line when you slide them.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

Dicks if you have one. I like the Thill brand string ones. They work great. Dogbone ones suck.

Post Thanks / Like

Tie a piece of silicone rubber skirt material on your line..Double knot it to make it bigger ..clip the excess...Thumbs Up

Post Thanks / Like

The fishing dept manager at Dicks advised me to use the string version rather than the plastic stops. He said they tear up your line and don't move through the guides as easily. I've had the strings on for two weeks (12 fishing trips) and haven't had one move at all. Just snug it up tight before you clip the tags. And the string ones were cheaper.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I tie mine using dental floss. There is a drawing in the stickie knots for beginners.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "g" View Post
    i buy mine at walmart......small rubber football shaped and on a fine wire that allows you to transfer it to your line. Bps carries them also
    x2

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I have them!

Monk

monkscrappie.com"]http://monkscrappie.com[/URL]

Post Thanks / Like

I use the little slip off the wire rubber ones from Janns. If you have a Dicks sportings good store at least the one here has some made by Eagle Claw that work just as good. If you get them and pull them out of the package write the line weight on the tab so you don't forget it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast