Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Report - Pomme De Terre Aug 1-3

Post Thanks / Like

Default Report - Pomme De Terre Aug 1-3

Took a few days off to hit the campground and water. Had a rough start, before even making it to the water, but things work out great. Boat is in the shop, no biggie just grab dads and go. His is now on the way to the shop! Couldn't get it to run so starting looking for a place to launch where I could fish with just the trolling motor. A few detours, wrong turns and backing down the gravel road, more than once, we found a place to put in. Launch in the middle of a cove with standing timber, fished around the timber within a couple hundred yards of the truck. Fished all new territory, hard to make yourself do, but hey it's better than not fishing!

Here's the report:

Monday: Absolutely slayed the crappie. It was rare to fish a tree and not get a bite. Great time!

Tuesday: Who flipped the switch? Struggled, struggled, did I mention we struggled? Fished hard and only caught four, the fish did not even bite.

Wednesday: Thankfully someone flipped the switch back on - repeat of Monday! Caught fish everywhere.

Bait: Jigs (pink, blue, anything with chart.)

Technique: Pitched jigs around timber, vertical fished timber

Water temp, depth, etc... ??? Don't know, didn't have a working graph. It's amazing how much I've come to rely on my humminbird graph, just about drove me crazy for three days.

Good luck!

Brad
    Can You Find, "LIMITVILLE!!!" :D

Post Thanks / Like

Way to save the trip Shockley!

I caught my biggest crappie on a day when my motor wouldn't start. I know what you mean about missing your finder, I forgot mine one time and must have looked at it a hundred times that day.

N2

Post Thanks / Like

Thought you fell off the end of the earth,havent heard from you for awhile.Sorry about the boat but glad you got into a bunch of fish.It's hard to beleive that people fished without depthfinders,10 ft poles,jigs,ect. and they call them the good ol days,LOL

Post Thanks / Like

nice report, sounds like you did well with no graf , sometimes we can manage without all the fancy gadgets ... congrats

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes those crazy kind of trips are the most memorable. Glad you were able to make the best of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Brad, boat trouble is no fun but seems to be a regular thing.Glad you caught some. Brush piles have been the same hot one day cold the next. I wish I had a way of knowing which way it was going to be from home.Would help save some gas.

Post Thanks / Like

sorry to hear it started out a little rough for ya but glad it all worked out! great report and congrat's on a productive and fun few day's! glad the switch was turned back on wed
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Dave I'm still standing! Just haven't been much because of the boat troubles. Made big mistake, tried to fix it myself instead of just taking it to the shop. That put me behind the eight ball by about four to five weeks.

Brad
    Can You Find, "LIMITVILLE!!!" :D

Post Thanks / Like

Way to hang in there Brad.
    Fish like your hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

Still a good report despite all the bad luck, way to hang in there.
    Team Double D - " We're not famous, but we should be."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast