Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: crappie on the banks?

Post Thanks / Like

Default crappie on the banks?

Anyone finding them on the banks or are they staging. I maybe going to toronto tomorrow if not to windy, if I do I will give a report. I went to toronto last saturday and caught a fair amount but not many keepers. The bigger fish were still kind of deep.

Post Thanks / Like

Our state has one of the lowest amount of threads out there, it looks like everyone likes to look but no replies.

Post Thanks / Like

mkeller, most of the talkitive crappie fishers in Kansas post on www.davescountry.com Come on over and join in. I post here sometimes and lurk all the time. I was at Perry this weekend at the Crappie USA tourney helping with the 'Kids Derby' and did get out and pulled some cranks. Caught around 20 females in just 4 hours. I'm just a beginner at pulling cranks but do enjoy it. <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Give me the skinny on pulling the cranks i have done it some but have alot more to learn i have a local tournament sun and i was thinking i would try cranks off points in the main lake and in the coves what do you think?
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Bugman,,Sorry I didn't catch this till this morning. As I said I'm new to pulling cranks but will tell you what I know. SLOW the boat down. Must be under 2mph. I think best speed is 1.5mph. I've put a 'trolling' plate on my 150hp opti max. That works just fine. If you try to use your elec. trolling motor, you'll run out of bat. before your ready to plus it just don't work right. As far as crankbaits, the Bandit 200 & 300 series seems to be the popular bait. I've also been using the Cabela's 'grave diggers' in the med & deep divers. I'm using 2, 7ft, 2, 10ft & 2 14ft rods spread out with the longest rods out the side. I'm using Power Pro line 6/30 and tieing on a swivel. I add a 2ft mono leader to the crank. I let out anywhere from 50 to 120 ft line, starting from the inside poles and work out to the long poles. Be sure you are moving when letting line out. I'm pulling 6 rods and while searching. I have 2 depths and 6 colors out. Fish areas not spots. I'm using a GPS to mark my trails, check my speed and also marking when catching. Keep track of what colors hit and the depth. Start changing colors and depths to match those that hit. I just don't have a 'hot' color but white and chrome/gold had the least luck on. When they HIT!! you'll think a white bass hit it. Pick up the rod and QUICKLY reel it in. If it's a crappie he'll come to the top and lay on it's side. VERY COOL!!! Get a rubber net!!! I start on the flats and criss cross chanels in any where from 10ft to 30ft. Practice, practice, practice and when we both get better at it we'll share more info. Heh! Heh! Heh! <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks chatt good tip's i'll give them a shot.So you have a boat with a prop on it now how's that workin for ya?i bet you aint a stumpjumper like you was on truman last year:D I have several bandits and the rodholders but my biggest question is about rod's what type are you using are they medium action, brand etc?

www.simplycrappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

Bugman, you'll need med to med/heavy rods. I have Cabela's 'Whoopin Sticks' in the 7 & 10 footers. The long rods are telescoping cheapies that WERE 16ft. Broke the wimp ends off and used them. My reels are 'line counter' reels except those on the long rods. I have spinning reels on them but mark the line at 80 & 100 ft. I sold the 'jet' last fall and now running a Alumacraft Bay Invader, center console. Perfect for pulling cranks and guiding. Ya, I've hit stumps, ran a-ground and all those other things that happens to props:D I getting much better at it now but did bend a SS prop 3rd time out with it. It's a little longer at 19' 6" and wider not to mention MUCH quieter:D It's white also. Fish are bitin REAL good here and the males are up for the 3rd time. Nesting is just starting and will be in full swing after this WARM week. Don't know when I'll be headed your way but will contact you when I do. <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like an awesome boat send some pic's.The fish are doing about the same thing here,wont be long now but i heard that they are gonna bring the lake up 2' in the next few day's it seems they wait till the fish start to nest every year before they bring it up.Sounds good give me a yell i would like to see that new boat firsthand.

www.simplycrappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

Bugman, I've tried twice to send pics but must have wrong E address. Please send me yours [email protected] <*)}}}><