Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bathwater

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bathwater

Man is the water warm/hot, my hot water heater hasn't had to turn on much, unlike my AC. But, when it's this warm it sure speeds up the fishy's metabolism. In the morning the waters warm, but after lunch when it starts feeling like bathwater I'm done. Something interesting about it though, they try hard to feed daily cause it digests so fast and makes them hungry. Something else I've noticed through the years, it seems like 8am and after they get going GOOD til after noon, even 3pm. they're HUNGRY!!Thumbs Up

Post Thanks / Like

I have honestly never done worth a squirt in the mornings. I dont know what the deal is. A lot of guys catch them by the boatload in the mornings but I have never had much luck. Same deal with deer hunting. I have yet to kill a deer in the morning.
    My best time has always been that last hour before dark. I am not giving up yet though! I still go in the mornings if nothing else just to enjoy the peace and quiet!
    I must not be living right or somethin! lol!

Keith

Post Thanks / Like

Keith, I am sure you have already tried this, but I have found the crappie much shallower early in the morning. They might still be on the same brushpiles that they use all day, but they are only a few feet under the water's surface. Also they can be spread a lot more loosely around the brushpile, not so much stacked up like they can be later in the day.

If you know exactly where the brushpile is, you could try staying back off of it 20' and casting a shallow crankbait or even casting and counting down a jig. We've been loading the boat the last few weekends early in the morning. Even dippin' them out early in the morning, we would get bit about the time we lost sight of our jigs underwater. Later in the morning the fish would be deeper and tighter to the brushpile.

With the temps lately I have been going out as early as possible to try and beat the heat and that's what's been working for me. The sunrise bite was excellent last weekend.

I love going out early! Thumbs Up Wabaunsee is a no-wake lake first thing in the mornings and until noon on Sunday. Gotta love the peace and quiet when the only noise is the sound of your fish flapping on the water as you are hauling 'em in!

Quote Originally Posted by wheels70 View Post
    I have honestly never done worth a squirt in the mornings. I dont know what the deal is. A lot of guys catch them by the boatload in the mornings but I have never had much luck. Same deal with deer hunting. I have yet to kill a deer in the morning.
    My best time has always been that last hour before dark. I am not giving up yet though! I still go in the mornings if nothing else just to enjoy the peace and quiet!
    I must not be living right or somethin! lol!

Keith
    I am just pullin' your leg.:D