Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oologah Friday

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oologah Friday

Hitting Oologah Friday, might start at Hawthorne, then maybe trailer the boat to Talala Creek. If anyone sees a me, make sure you say Hi!
    I've changed motors, it's a 60hp tiller for now until I get the parts to convert over to a remote steering.
    I did fight the wind at Talala Creek on Wednesday and was hoping to find a few in the standing timber. I did not get a bite. I then fished some of my regular areas that produced great numbers of fish over the summer and up until mid December. I hadn't fished since then, and am having to figure them out again. I spoke with Big George about 3 weeks ago, and he said to fish brush around 30'. The wind hasn't let me try anything that deep.
    I can only locate three out of eight of the bamboo condos I placed. It's almost as if someone has hooked onto them and relocated them.
    Maybe someday soon, BG can help me locate them with his 2k Graph. I know the locations of all 8, but cannot pinpoint them.
    I have been thinking about traveling up North of Wigganon bridge towards some of the more shallow waters in hopes of perhaps finding some early spawners. The water has got to be warming faster in that area.
    I put in for about 3 hours yesterday at Redbud, shot across to Skull Cove and caught one dink. Tried working the N face of the island until battery on trolling motor started getting a bit weak (forgot to charge from Weds).
    Don't be skeered to ease on up to me if you see me, I'll give up any info I can to help.
    I'll post a report of anything good I come across, others that hit Oologah please do the same.
    Look for this rig without the bamboo.

Craig
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Ive been hearing alot about talala creek. Is it very accessable from the bank? I live close by talala, if youd like some help Id be willing. Well, if youd be willing to help me I guess. Good luck.
    Im glad I like fishin, cause I sure dont do much catchin

Post Thanks / Like

Default Check your PM's

Quote Originally Posted by c dubya
    Ive been hearing alot about talala creek. Is it very accessable from the bank? I live close by talala, if youd like some help Id be willing. Well, if youd be willing to help me I guess. Good luck.
    I sent you a private message c dubya with my cell phone #. Give me a call.

Post Thanks / Like

sorry reaper, I couldnt make it out today. Shoot me a message next time your headed out and hopefully we can get out there and slayem. Weather is lookin nice today, hope you caught your fill.
    Im glad I like fishin, cause I sure dont do much catchin

Post Thanks / Like

Caught one about 11", fished deep, shallow, standing timber, you name it, I fished it. Stayed out from 6 am till past 2:30. I might try again Sunday, not sure.

Post Thanks / Like

I hit Oologah as well today. Stared off in Spencer Creek without a bite, so boated over to Talala Creek where I should have put in to begin with. First crappie was a tad over two pounds. Only caught 4 crappie, all over a pound. Also caught and released 4 bass, none over a pound.

I don't know the area at Talala very well so I'll have to keep practicing there, but I am going to have a nice little meal tonight!

Post Thanks / Like

I will be heading to Sunnyside ramp tomorrow and putting out. Plan on going into talala creek and checking a few places out there. If I don't have any luck there, Going to move up just north of Wig Bridge and hit a few spots on the east shore from there. A friend tipped me in on some beds he placed in that area.. I'll let you know how I do..

Btw, I'm new to the boards here.. I posted hello on the main forum, but seems like the state forum here is best place to be.. but if you see me out there, you can't miss me.. I've got a 21ft Suncruiser fishing Pontoon boat.. Will usually have my wife and kids out with me, but tomorrow will be just me and a friend.. Good luck fishing this weekend!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the state board G. Cope, I thought about going on up to Talala Creek this morning. It's my favorite area, but, got skunked there last Sunday, one dink on weds. What area did you catch your fish? I worked all the points, and alot of the standing timber on Weds. I also worked some brush that was 25' deep. All my regular haunts where I normally catch fish were dead. They should be moving into the creek very soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie Reaper, try the other side of the creek across from the Vada Point ramp. Up along the rocks along the south side of the channel was working today. There was a lttle water trickling from the land up above into the creek is where I caught three nice sized ones.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you talking about the creek bank straight across from the ramp? I am not familliar witht "Vada Point Ramp". Is it the ramp at Talala Creek?
    If you did catch them along the bluff due south of the ramp, that means they are working into the shallows and most likely, some have past that point and are into the shallows back up the creek, where the water temp is probably alot warmer. I will have to tilt the big motor up next time out and work past the mudflat and spend some time in the creek itself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast