Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: fishing today

Post Thanks / Like

Default fishing today

I am going fishing today, I hope! It is 74 now and to get to 88 without all the high humidity so will venture out and see what I can do today. Will give a report when I get back. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

looking forward to the report EB, I haven't been fishing lately due to the heat and humidity.

Post Thanks / Like

Had a pretty good day today, as long as it lasted. The water temps were 88 degrees over most of the lake. I caught a mixed bag again today. I got on the water about 9:30 and fished until about 2:00. The heat got to unbearable and I had to get off of the lake. I am going to have to check and see what the weather is going to be like in Kansas for their get together, this week-end. It looks like I won't make it to it. I caught a lot of fish today but we are on the 1/10 ratio this year, in that you have to catch 10 Crappie to get a legal one. I had a couple that was between 13-14 inches, which made it worth the trip today.
    The bigger Crappie came on a large minnow and some of the smaller ones came on a 1/16th ball lead head with a red hook, and a black and white umbrella body from RR. I caught the bigger fish in 17-20 fow and the smaller ones came from 10-15 fow. The 2 big ones came while the bait was dead still. The others, the bait was moving. All the fish were fairly close to the bottom. I will be glad when the temps start to drop down a little, where it will be a little more bearable on the lake. I am looking for an umbrella to put up front on my stand up seat. I liked the looks of the PVC mount that goes on the pedistal. Good fishing and stay cool out there. EBName:  fishing 7-3-11.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  45.8 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a decent catch their EB. Were you out at Beaver Lake again?

I probably won't be able to get back out on the water until Wednesday next week, after the next cold front passes through and we start having morning's in the mid 60's instead of the mid 70's.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good catch. In this heat I try getting on the ramp at first light so I get a couple more hours of fishing in before it gets too hot. Good report and congrats on the catch.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Ya Chris, I was at Beaver today.
    I go later in the morning and let the early guys go and get off of the lake. A lot of them go early and then go to work after they get home. We have a small parking lot and this way I can usually get a parking spot and don't have to go to the over flo parking lot. In a normal year I would have had my limit already but this year we have to catch 10 fish to get one keeper. I went through a lot of fish to get what I did get today. I lost 2 really big Crappie at the boat. When they hit they didn't hit it hard so I thought they was little ones and really didn't set the hook and when they got to the boat they just came off. I would have loved to have a do over then. Stay safe out there and drink plenty of fluids in this heat. EB

Post Thanks / Like

Good job EB, I've been wondering about you guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Doc! I have waited for a day like yesterday, but the humidity got a lot higher than they thought it would. I usually like to fish in the heat with bright sunny skies because it bunches the Crappie up in the deep brush and trees. This year the heat is really unbearable for me for some reason. Especially when the humidity gets as high as it has been around here. A neighbor said that water was coming out of their down spouts on their house and it was from the humidity and not rain. Now that is humid when it runs off a roof and down the down spouts. Stay safe out their guys and good fishing to ya. The fish still bite in this weather which makes it hard not to go sometimes. EB

Post Thanks / Like

Yea the heats really beat me up to. When I've gone out after a day the bottom of my boat has new flooring, plastic bottles. A few mornings when I tried to throw a fish back they would jump back into the boat because the air was cooler. Between the heat and my inability to miss any roadside deer this year I've seriously limited my fishing. I totaled my truck in May, and last week I hit another with my van. I need an army jeep with a 50cal. The van has bagged 3 now. I was lucky on the last one, it changed course on the hwy and slipped. Turned it into a big speedbump, lump-lump-lump. Gonna rebuild the truck now that it's getting cooler and put a cattle-catcher on it too. @#$^&* deer!!!! All they're good for is bucktails.