Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Pushing crankbaits?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pushing crankbaits?

Can anyone give me a beginners guide to this? Longlining isnt an option in the lakes i fish. What weight sinkers? Crankbaits? Thanks!!
    I'm so broke, I cain't even pay attention!!!

Post Thanks / Like

You'll hear anywhere from 2 to 6 ounces, you just have to experiment and do what works best for you. Bandit, Rebel, Strike King, and BassPro all make crappie cranks but I imagine any crank in about the 2 inch size range will work. I went last Friday and we pushed 2 poles and pulled 4 and the pushed cranks did just as good as the pulled ones and they are a heck of a lot less work and take a lot less time to get the bait back out and down to the desired depth range after you land a fish. We stayed out for between 7 and 8 hours and caught so many throwbacks that by the end of the day I was getting sick of reeling them in and then having to let all the line back out, gets old when you are running them 100-125 feet behind the boat. The lakes I fish are heavily stained so your mileage may vary as far as pushing vs pulling goes.
    I got 350 heads on a 305 engine.
    I get 6 miles to the gallon.
    I aint got no good intentions.

Post Thanks / Like

Go to the MS board and read cranking 101 thread it has everything to do with cranking there.
    We only sell the Best. Ranger, Xpress, Yamaha, Suzuki, Tohatsu.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, what about using rat-l-traps?
    I'm so broke, I cain't even pay attention!!!