Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lake Sanchris

PGottshall Guest

Default Lake Sanchris

Dad & I fished Sanchris (between Springfield & Taylorville) yesterday. We didn't find the Crappies, but of the four we caught, all but one were over the 10inch limit. The largest was 13 1/2", HUGE in my book.

I've bassed & catfished there before, but never Crappie. As healthy as these fish were, I'm going to try again, & for sure during the spawn.

Anyone else have experience here?

Paul

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. I have wanted to get up there and fish. Have a friend that keeps telling me I need to come up. Now I've really got to get up there.

Keep us informed of any additional trip to the lake.

Waht were you using as bait?
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

PGottshall Guest

Caught one about 6ft down on a crappie rig with minnows while throwing a minnow under a bobber at the shore. Caught the other three in 3ft in a lay-down, again on minnows.

Water was about 64 (Sanchris is a cooling lake), so fish were probably still deep; we just couldn't locate them.

We also Catfished for about an hour, as that's Dad's favorite. Way up the hot ditch, we were getting hits every 30 seconds or so, but all fish were small (6in - 12in).

Anyway, I think this is a quality lake for big Crappies. - can't wait for the spawn!

Post Thanks / Like

Default questions?

Quote Originally Posted by PGottshall
    Caught one about 6ft down on a crappie rig with minnows while throwing a minnow under a bobber at the shore. Caught the other three in 3ft in a lay-down, again on minnows.

Water was about 64 (Sanchris is a cooling lake), so fish were probably still deep; we just couldn't locate them.

We also Catfished for about an hour, as that's Dad's favorite. Way up the hot ditch, we were getting hits every 30 seconds or so, but all fish were small (6in - 12in).

Anyway, I think this is a quality lake for big Crappies. - can't wait for the spawn!

Hey PGottshall is there a launch fee to put your boat on?
    Also how are the launch facility's? Is there a nice dock you can tie your boat up to while you park the truck?
    Thanks.
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

piginthepen...the launch facilities at Sangchris are very good. The ramp is nice..there is a dock to tie to or for someone to stand on and hold the boat while you park the truck...the parking lot is large...and it's a two lane ramp if I remember correctly...which is a good thing when someone (me) forgets to put the plug in his boat and almost sinks the boat and then sits with the boat crooked on the trailer draining the boat thru the plug hole for at least 15 minutes... tying up one lane of the ramp....looking like a complete idiot the whole time....

Post Thanks / Like

piginthepen..forgot to finish...no launch fee..but there is a hp restriction...25 horse I think.

Post Thanks / Like

Default kenny

Perfect, I just happen to have a 4 stroke 25hp Yamaha.
    I have an Aunt that lives in Pawnee, she keeps telling me to come over an fish the lake,
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

This lake is great ,but fish can be very liplocked due to power plant.
    Plant comes on and offline so much.To due well need to fish two or three times a week. There is 25hp limit 10 inch ten fish limit. Watch out for conservation police he is a !!!!and A !!!!! plus A !!!!! .
    Keep a line wet

Post Thanks / Like

Default hey thanks guys

Looks like I will have to plan a trip and, make a day out of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Default a little help

Planning a trip this friday to crappie fish on Sanchris. I have never been on the lake before. Could some of you fine crappie anglers give me some good advice on where to fish as I leave the boat ramp?
    THANKS

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast