Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crappie Crankbaits

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Crankbaits

Getting setup to try some longlining for crappie.I have a happy troller on the way to help slow my motor down found it on ebay for $45 plus $10 shipping.

Well I am looking for crappie crankbaits.Have it narrowed down to The Rebel Crank-R or the 300 Bandit.Having a tough time making a decision on which one to start with the Rebel has 10 different colors to choose from and Bandit has a bunch.

They both seem to get good reviews and will be placing a order within the next 2 days

Let me hear more about the Rebels have used bandits for bass fishing and had success with them.But I am investing more time and effort on crappies now.

Post Thanks / Like

Both are great baits. You need to order a few of each. I suggest buying a few of several brands and trying them all. Bandit 200-300 are by far the most popular and most color selection. The Rebel baits, Berkley Flicker Shad and Jointed shad raps seem to work very well also. Careful you will spend a lot more money than you intend to.

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't limit yourself to the deepest divers. We caught some crappie recently on KY Lake on Bandit 100s on down rod rigs set at no deeper than 6 feet in 30 feet of water. Even the 100s dragged a ways behind the boat might have gone under those fish.

Post Thanks / Like

strike king CB's are good too, sometimes it best to buy what is cheapest as it adds up when you look back at what you have accumulated in a short time.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Its on now. As soon as you catch your first crappie on a crankbait you will spend Hundreds quick. New poles ,linecounter reels,holders.cranks and more cranks and boxes to put them in. Its an addiction you cannot stop. But good luck anyway. You will love it.

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Post Thanks / Like

We want pictures of how it works out Thumbs UpThumbs Up

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

Reminds me of a song. It's only just begun. LOL
    We only sell the Best. Ranger, Xpress, Yamaha, Suzuki, Tohatsu.

Post Thanks / Like

Mrdux, how do you rig a down pole? New to cranking!!!
    Fishing not fishing until the Crappie start hitting!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Riverc, don't rule out Rapala Shad Rap RS or X-Rap Shad Rap 06. I am new to cranking and have had more success using the Rapalas instead of the Bandits. Try the Olive Green & Shad colors
    Fishing not fishing until the Crappie start hitting!!!

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moody View Post
    Mrdux, how do you rig a down pole? New to cranking!!!
    It's pretty much like a carolina rig for bass. I use my heavier 7 foot rods that I would catfish with. I put a 5 oz sinker on 1st then a small bead, next I tie on a barrel swivel (the bead is to protect the knot), next I tie on a 3 foot leader and my crankbait. I normally use a 100 or 200 Bandit on the drop rods. I then let out the amount of line I want the bait to run. A 100 will run very close to the sinker depth, a 200 will run a little deeper. I always try to run the drop rods right next to my console where they are the easiest to reach. I watch the depth finder on my 1st pass to see if there are suspended fish at a certain shallower depth and run the crank right in their faces.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast