Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: State park question

Post Thanks / Like

Default State park question

I have a question for those familar with crappie fishing in VT. My wife and I will be spending a few days camping and have narrowed our location to two VT state parks - Woodford or Emerald Lake. I am already booked into Woodford with a nice site, however after a lot of research it does not seem the fishing is all that good on Adams reservoir so we are thinking about changing plans and going to Emerald lake as it appears the fishing may be better there.

Would be really happy if someone could give me some sort of fishing advise for these two locations.

Thanks

TomD

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to help you but I have never heard of either of those bodies of water.

Post Thanks / Like

too late to help this trip but for future use;

Both are in easy distance of each other, Woodford is better located for Crappie fishing, there are no crappie in Adams, Res, only stocked trout, but there are crappie in the CT River access north of Brattleboro and also in Barbers pond in Pownal.
    Woodford state park is right in the middle, its a 20-25 mile ride either way.

I would suggest staying at the KOA in Brattleboro, VT, and fishing the set backs and CT river for crappie, and then making a day trip to Barbers pond.
    Also, lake st. catherine is the best bet for crappie in this part of the state, and champlain, nearby NY has good crappie fishing as does some Massachusetts ponds and lakes and the MA non resident license is a pretty good deal