Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Baitcast Reel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best Baitcast Reel

First off, let me say that I have spinning reels and I want a good conventional. (baitcast) I would like if it could cast it with a 1/4-1/2 ounce. I enjoy doing extreme catfishing with 4#:D What can I say? I like a good fight. That's why I fish for 80# sharks with 20lb line.

Anyway I would like a good casting reel, that also has a clicker, and an antireverse.

Im thinking that the BPS Crappie Maxx Deluxe reel would be good.

Thank You!
    -Kevin

Post Thanks / Like

I have the ABU C4 5600 with clicker but the new ones only 6600 size have the clicker so weight is up there.

Post Thanks / Like

BPS Crappie Maxx Deluxe....not designed for casting. Typically you get what you pay for. Abu Garcia Ambassadeur are great all purpose reels, have had 2 for 15+ years their design is classic and has been trouble free. Their Revos are awesome..awesome...awesome bass reels had one for 2+ years zero problems. If your gonna troll for specks their a20 lc is nice and affordable for a line counter reel. But it is not a casting reel these are new to me. just recently got them but so far no bubbles..... no troubles for trolling.
    I aint here to tell you anything. You want to know what Im doing....pm me and meet me on the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

I am trying to find the smallest one possible, with an anti-reverse, so I think a BPS Tightline Special will do it

Post Thanks / Like

No it won't, u can't cast tge tightline special either, go to the 45 dollar one if your bent on it saying crappie on it, otherwise go with the shimano
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 08-01-2011 at 11:35 AM.
    I clever quip fishing ironic statement crappie!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to get a Shimano Calcutta 50, it will also double as a good snook reel

Post Thanks / Like

the Calcutta 50 doesnt have a clicker.

Post Thanks / Like

I have three Abu Garcia Ambassadeur 6500c3 and one 5500c3 reels. I have had then for years and have never been disappointed.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't go wrong with a Shimano.
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Silver Calcutta 100(Shimano)thats seen double duty(Salt and Fresh) for years;It chunks 6 or 8lb mono like a dream.I dont think they make that model anymore though............4500-5500 Abu Garcias....Built like a tank!I have a couple of Abu "Five"s they made in the early 90s-Super light,made of graphite.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast