Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Staying LOCAL

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Staying LOCAL

I've been staying close to home, don't have to walk as far after I hit a deer. So it's been OSFL for me, it's been producing some good slabs these last couple years and I've been itching to get a saugeye pattern there. Earlier this week was excellent for me, if you don't mind removing all the slimers from your line. I caught quite a few larger than avg slabs, pitched em all back, to big to eat. They came off the piles anywhere from 3'-7' with the bigger ones being deeper. Then I went to the ridge, strung up a YUM Croaker and had it hanging down tightlining and eyeing the graph. Found the top and just started sliding back off and the graph showed something on the bottom I didn't remember, thats because it was my first saugy. It was just short of 18". Hey that looks similar and POP, you bet this one will keep anywhere in the state, 26" saugy. That's two off the ridge in less than 5 min at 10:30am. Wonder if I can 'drop em', started going back and forth along the break til 2pm or so and caught 1 limit of saugys and kept about 25 crappie 10"-12" for the plate. I scored 3 big eye's and 2 that would keep. I also caught plenty of LMB and a ton of slimers, one of which was probably 10#. There was one other boat there and that big channel drew his attention. Bigboy now had a moon, he orbited around me for a couple hours keeping his distance, but watching hard. Well after a while he fired up his motor and got up on plane and flew by me inside the ridge, after that I never caught another fish.
    Today I hit it sunrise and started off good on the piles, then came the weekenders, might as well of been jetskies cause the same thing happened. Right on pace with the other day till the cruisers run em deep. I don't know why really they're there, I can see 'em, just no takers. Quit at 10:30, no eyes, had some slabs early but wasn't cleaning fish today, some nice LMB and quite a few slimers again. Bathwater temp, when you catch a fish they jump back in the boat cause it's cooler in the AM. C'mon fall.

Post Thanks / Like

good report

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report!

I stayed local this weekend also, like I pretty much always do.Thumbs Up

Took my 6yo daughter out fishing Saturday early and had the best time we've ever had fishing. The fishing held her interest for a long time and even when she took little breaks she wasn't disruptive or whiny. We quit while we were both still having fun and I told her anytime she wants to get up at 6:00AM, the front seat is all hers! (Thank goodness for remote control trolling motors) The little angel even helped me clean fish afterwards by pulling them out of the cooler and laying them on the fillet table for me. I told my wife afterwards that I think age 6 is what I've been waiting for all this time! Thumbs Up

Took my parents out Sunday morning early and smacked the fish again. I put mom up front for a while and she had a blast dippin' the brushpiles while dad and I were dippin' and casting from the back. This time dad helped me clean the fish and it went a little quicker than the day before... probably because he is old enough to use a knife.

Great time both days! Had something like 20 keepers in two hours on Saturday and 17 in three hours on Sunday. Fish fry, here we come!Thumbs Up
    I am just pullin' your leg.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report, but hard to believe. I have a buddy that is an avid crappie fisherman there and he hasn't done anything like that all summer. I hope I don't see anyone up on plane when I am there, I will call them in. People need to remember that this is a very small body of water. It's also posted as you enter the enter area. "No wake".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slab sleeker View Post
    Nice report, but hard to believe. I have a buddy that is an avid crappie fisherman there and he hasn't done anything like that all summer. I hope I don't see anyone up on plane when I am there, I will call them in. People need to remember that this is a very small body of water. It's also posted as you enter the enter area. "No wake".
    Sorry about your luck there, I've read your posting history and OSFL just isn't your lake. Last year there were some other guys from the board having similar luck as you and your friend. I even meet one of them leaving, he was thoroughly disgusted and pretty much spoke just like you. He quickly changed his tune and even made some posts confirming my previous 'stories'. It seems to me that you have never had any problems before fishing my posts/places whether direct or indirect. By the way tell Dave HELLO. And lastly, It seems to me the other boater who got up on plane was a buddy of yours and "turning them in" isn't me, I'll leave that to you. It's just as easy to say it's a NO WAKE lake and save a brother some money so he can continue fishing or feed his family, make a house payment, or vehicle or boat payment. If they become defensive, Oh well, I tried. You used to be able to swim and ski on this lake not to long ago.

Post Thanks / Like

First off, who is Dave? No clue dude. Secondly, I haven't fished any of your post or places. Also, none of my buddies would have brought their boat up to plane because we have RESPECT for other fisherman. I am not gonna sit here and point fingers, it's pretty obvious from your posts in the past have sounded good, but there is some doubt. Good Luck to ya d@#kh%$d.

Post Thanks / Like

My name is on the rollcall, where's yours? I can and will back-up my posts, not to hide my identity. Or maybe you forgot you told me once before!! I've seen no respect here and you forgot to put Mr. in front of that!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slab sleeker View Post
    First off, who is Dave? No clue dude. Secondly, I haven't fished any of your post or places. Also, none of my buddies would have brought their boat up to plane because we have RESPECT for other fisherman. I am not gonna sit here and point fingers, it's pretty obvious from your posts in the past have sounded good, but there is some doubt. Good Luck to ya d@#kh%$d.
    Damn, Fella, are your panties too tight? Give up on the G-String and try some boxer shorts or even some tighty whities, they don't chaff you nearly so much.
    There is really no need to prove your age and mentality on a forum such as this. Replies such as yours remove all doubt as to your mentality and intelligence.

Replies like this are exactly why people will not share their fishing reports on forums such as this. It becomes a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. If we don't post reports we are buttholes and if we do post reports we are lying. Seems counterproductive to me.

It was my understanding we were all here to learn a few things and share information which benefits all of us.

If you really want to bitch about something how about picking something you actually know something about instead of ASSUMING the OP was not truthful? Making assumptions without factual knowledge is a fools game. Stick with the games you are proficient at before pointing fingers at others!:rolleyes:

Keith