Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tracker Panfish 16

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tracker Panfish 16

Does anyone here have one and what are your opinions on it. I'm thinking about one with the 30hp. One thing I like about the boat since I fish mostly by myself I can stay in one seat and do everything. I will not be fishing any large lakes where rough water is a concern. Any info would be appreciated.

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone that i know that has them love them. Thats what i would have if i did not use boat to duck hunt also.If crappie fishing is your main use of the boat it should be the right one for ya
    TOO MANY IDIOTS TO FEW BULLETS

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I have one and also fish by myself 99% of the time. As long as you are not planning to fish in big open water you will love the boat. My boat is a 96 and has a 40 hp with tilt & trim and will run at 27 mph top speed but most times I just make short runs of a few miles. I have a I-Pilot and it makes it easy to set in the back while longlining. With the bottom being a couple of foot deep it really cuts down on falling out while by yourself and since I fish all winter that is a big plus.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

I have an '88 model PF-16 Stick Steer. I absolutely love it for crappie fishing. I may hit up to 15 spots in a morning of jigging and I have bad knees. Don't have to get up for anything. I can have my trolling motor down and jig in the water before the boat even quits making a wake. I would probably still have the original floor but my hull leaks a little so it stays wet under the floor. Wasn't to bad but I replaced it a few years ago.
    If possible, I would highly recommend the biggest motor it could handle and get tilt & trim. I bought my boat brand new and almost didn't opt for it but I'm glad that I did. With the tilt & trim you can adjust the boat to steer very effortlessly. Without it the torque will cause the boat to veer to the right and it almost will take both hands to pull it back straight.
    After I trim mine the stick will stay right in the middle and I can steer it both ways with one finger.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I've seen Stumphunter fish from his many times. They are a great boat for crappie fishing...perhaps the best I have seen.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply's

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

I have a bass tracker panfish sticker steer with a 25hp on it....I really like it a lot...Only disadvantage of the sticker steer is that you will take some abuse and get wet every once in a while....If the water is rough.....But, I like to be able to do everything from the front...Without even moving....

But, overall I like mine...

Jeremy

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lowe boats new ss design

I to have been looking to buy a stick steering boat all may not know Lowe has introduced a new ss boat that is several inches wider than the panfish I loked at one at H2o in NLR ar. and was quite impressed H2o is next door to Bradford Marine makes for easy comparison shopping.I have spent more time than money so far all you ss guys should check out the new Lowe.

Post Thanks / Like

As far as stick steer down here in FL at least the TRACKERS seem to be the standard bearer for stick steers. IMO though the xtreme xt v pro is "swweeettt." thicker hull and wider and longer so ya can easliy hold your longer poles. Just another stick for you to take a look at.

http://xtremeindustries.ipower.com/page4.html
    I aint here to tell you anything. You want to know what Im doing....pm me and meet me on the lake.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

My complaints that I had with mine, a 16' sea nymph w/25 johnny, was more my fault than the boats. Rough ride in bigger waves and they move fast underneath you when you loose your balance. Bad back and knees so I went with a bigger glass boat. I still miss my stick boat sometimes. Welded is best, mine also had leaky rivets.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around