Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Question on night fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Question Question on night fishing

When you set up to night fish for crappie do you fish straight down over the side of your boat? Or do you set up at a tree and throw to the tree? Please don't think that I am crazy. I have never done this.

Post Thanks / Like

Check out this article that Rango Wrote:

http://www.crappie.com/rango/index.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Zebco33
    When you set up to night fish for crappie do you fish straight down over the side of your boat? Or do you set up at a tree and throw to the tree? Please don't think that I am crazy. I have never done this.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

I setup in the mouth of a creek or in an area where I know the fish have been recently. Also, if you can setup near a hump in the lake you will do well. I hope this helps.
    LET IT RIP!

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Z33 .....

Quote Originally Posted by Zebco33
    I used to mainly fish that way ... actually, I "started" Crappie fishing that way, day and night. My Grandparents and I fished strictly with minnows, for years, fishing straight down over the side of the boat. At night, we hung a Coleman lantern over the side and fished straight down over the same side of the boat. We were normally pretty successful doing it that way. We tied the boat to a standing tree (or between two trees), or on the front edge of a log jam. Night spots were usually the same spots as we fished during the day. You can go as simple or as elaborate as your budget will allow, but your success rate will depend on finding where the fish are, first. Learn the habits and habitats of the fish ... then decide when/where/how you want to catch them. You can't catch 'em ... if they ain't there !! ...... luck2ya ...cp

Post Thanks / Like

I usually set up under a bridge or in standing timber.I fish strait down the side of the boat I will set all of poles at different depths till i start catching fish.Then i wll figure out the correct depth and set all of them the same.Good luck