Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Newbie here...

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Newbie here...

Hi everyone,

Just join the group, and want to say hi to everyone. What a great site, and lots of good info. I am sure I will learn a few things from here...

Post Thanks / Like

welcome aboard protang from SEMO
    "She's A Bute Clark"

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the board.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Hello,pro,near KC here also,where you do most of your fishing?I live on smithville lake

Post Thanks / Like

welcome aboard, protang. knob noster here. fish truman most of the time. good site and good people here.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the welcome! I live here in Kansas City, and I fish Smithville most of the time. Sometimes I will go to Hillsdale and other KS lakes.

Cook, you live on Smithville lake, that must be great. You can probably fish everyday..... I mainly fish during the weekends. Crappie, white bass, walleye, bass, etc. I am planning to give the Smithville walleye a shot this coming weekend. I have fished for walleye for a little time, but never caught any from Smithville. Probably never spent enough time for the 'eyes when the crappies are biting.

And Knob noster, I have tried Truman a few times. What a great lake... I like to go there more often, but just a big lake, it's hard to learn. I was looking for wipers several times, but couldn't find them. When to the spillway a few times, but never be lucky enough to see any water being release.

Thanks again, and looking forward to learn from you guys....

Post Thanks / Like

don't want to step on any toes,but here is a link about smithville walleyes
    http://209.176.155.246/ubbthreads/sh...#Post102642854,
    also burtons bait has a website with reports,

good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Cook, thank you so much! I think I will give it a try this weekend. Hope the weather will be decent enough. I will give a report here no matter I got some or skunked!

So many fish, so little time...

Post Thanks / Like

Well, went to Smithville on Sat. night to see if the walleyes were biting, and ended up with a goose egg. Lots of people were fishing along the dam, and there was only 1 fish caught during the night. Boats didn't do any better, so I guess they had their jaws locked....

kc ducker Guest

I was there Friday night. I got the goose egg as will. I did have one hit but lost it.