Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: IL crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default IL crappie

crossed the creek from MO to IL and went to Kincaid Lake on a hot tip, missed more than I care to admit, had to downsize a lot and it was tough jiggin em up 15 ft deep, ended up with 18, nice morning, beautiful lake, but made me appreciate not having to deal with pleasure boaters at my home lake Reelfoot!

I clever quip fishing ironic statement crappie!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice. I watched the new BnM video last night. They have a section on Kincaid in it. Some nice fish up there. Glad you got on em.

Post Thanks / Like

Good trip. Much easier dealing with the heat when you're catching them. Sounds like downsizing was the key. How light did you have to go?

Post Thanks / Like

nice report, nice fish.
    Those pleasure boat sure make you appreciate cold weather.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch and report, Thanks

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

Went from a 1/8 oz head and 2 inch stinger down to a 1/32 I with a 4 hook and a 1 inch tube, used a tube with a clear skirt, in hopes they wouldnt see it and go straight for the tube, it worked much better but still missed a lot, first time I'd been there if I went back I'll do a lot of things different, like taking a stiffer pole and 4 lb braid, and wax worms with some hair jigs and jig juice.
    I clever quip fishing ironic statement crappie!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Splitshot82 View Post
    Nice. I watched the new BnM video last night. They have a section on Kincaid in it. Some nice fish up there. Glad you got on em.
    One of my best friends runs the boat shop at Kinkaid. His name is Phil Rose. He is a great guy and mechanic too. Next time y'all go up there tell him Bill at Big River said hello. I deer hunt some with him and the guys at the shop. Send out that link to B&M and Kinkaid Lake.
    We only sell the Best. Ranger, Xpress, Yamaha, Suzuki, Tohatsu.

Post Thanks / Like

BRM,
    It was a DVD called "Crappie Anytime Anyplace in any Water Volume 2". I couldn't find it on the BnM site, but it is available several other places. I bought mine from Grizzly. Doesn't show on their website, but I know they have some more. Call em up and they can ship you one. They pull some hogs outta Kincaid on there. I'll have to look your buddy up if I ever get up that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Good report and glad you got out there. I thought you would be shooting your bow?? Some of the guys have been showing me some nice bucks on the trail cam pictures. I'm so ready for the fall!!!

Juiced Up Baits Pro Staff
    K2 Coolers Pro Staff
    Mike's Custom Crappie Jigs Pro Staff