Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Line cutters

jigflinger is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Line cutters

I asked this question on the Nan-o-fil thread but that thread isn't visited much anymore. Here goes; What do you use to cut this line? I love this line, but am having a hard time getting a clean cut. My old braid shears won't touch it and regular clippers won't, either. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

a cig lighter.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jigflinger View Post
    I asked this question on the Nan-o-fil thread but that thread isn't visited much anymore. Here goes; What do you use to cut this line? I love this line, but am having a hard time getting a clean cut. My old braid shears won't touch it and regular clippers won't, either. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Flinger ... I have not used this line, so I'm looking at this from my experiences with Spiderwire & PowerPro braids. In these cases, I've found that clippers & pocket knives don't give as clean a cut as necessary. They tend to crush or fray these lines, leaving a ragged tag end or one with stray fibers coming out of the tag end. What you want is a blunt (clean) cut of the line ... which allows for the tag end to be easily put thru the eye of a hook/jighead hook. What I found, that accomplishes this, is Fiskar Kids scissors ... with the Fiskar Kids Scissors being easily handled, & stored. I don't know what "old braid shears" you're referring to, but for a couple of dollars you could have a pair of Fiskar Kids Scissors.

I'm suggesting these scissors, because Nan-o-fil & PowerPro are made from Spectra/Dyneema fibers (though thru a different process) .... and because they work for me, when using PowerPro braid. It's also noteworthy, that Fiskar Kids scissors are actually named & recommended by Berkley, for cutting PowerPro braid. (See "Cutting PowerPro" in this link -- Using PowerPro )

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Any Walmart has them in the School supplies for kids.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Sales and service on Directv and Wildblue internet
    Owner of Sickle Jigs.
    Slab Bandit Pro Staff

jigflinger is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, crappiepappy. Just tried the Fiskar Kids. Works great. Now I have to go buy some new ones for my granddaughter.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you ever had stitches and watched the Dr. cut the suture with those little scissors? Those are what I use. I now have my 2nd pair. One, my sister gave me and the other I earned last week. I ask what they were going to do with the instruments after they finished sewing my shin. They were going to throw them away. I now own them. If they cut sutures they will cut braided line. Hooker

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by olduckhunter View Post
    a cig lighter.
    Lmao
    We only sell the Best. Ranger, Xpress, Yamaha, Suzuki, Tohatsu.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jigflinger View Post
    How do you like the Nan-o-fil line?
    We only sell the Best. Ranger, Xpress, Yamaha, Suzuki, Tohatsu.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOOKER View Post
    Have you ever had stitches and watched the Dr. cut the suture with those little scissors? Those are what I use. I now have my 2nd pair.Hooker
    I've asked about these when I've been at the doctors and they told me the sent them to be sterilized where they can reuse them. Curious is anyone else is able to get them from their doctor.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    I've asked about these when I've been at the doctors and they told me the sent them to be sterilized where they can reuse them. Curious is anyone else is able to get them from their doctor.
    Bronson .... some use disposables, that may come in a "kit" for suturing &/or suture removal ... while others may use SS reusable ones, that are cleaned & resterilized.
    At less than $3 ea, Fiskar for Kids scissors are not that big of an investment ... and they'll probably outlast any "disposable" suture scissors. (they're "disposable" for a reason Doh )

... cp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast