Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New home

Post Thanks / Like

Default New home

Well, new for us anyway. Thanks to everyone who gave us advice about the local area.

Took 2 pictures. One of my boat dock & view and one of the little buddy I was swimming with today. No one told me about the scorpions!

Anyone know an electrician who wouldn't mind climbing up into the attic to run new wire? We could do it really early in the morning. I know it is so hot. We have 3 wire and I need 4 wire for my clothes dryer. We also have enough electrical rewiring in the rest of the house to keep an electrician busy until winter. We have been keeping the plumber, septic, & pest control guys busy.
    When I think about the money we will spend to rewire and fix this place up.....I just look out my window. Hands ClappingName:  thursday 003 (640x479).jpg
Views: 231
Size:  42.8 KBName:  scorpion 003.JPG
Views: 268
Size:  48.7 KB
    Too bad it is too hot to fish and no time to fish.

Thanks again for your help with Eufaula info.

Peke

Post Thanks / Like

Nice looking place Peke. Where is it located?

Odie
    Common sense isn't always that common!

Post Thanks / Like

That's a nice view. I wouldn't mind plopping down in that pool right now and watching the boats go by.

Post Thanks / Like

Peke - What is wrong with the septic tank??

Post Thanks / Like

That 4th wire is only for another ground. If your dryer is 220 like most electric dryers, the outlet should already have a 12/3 wire in the wall behind your current outlet. I.E. You should have a bare Copper (ground), a White wire (called a common, but is connected to the same bar as the ground wire), a Black wire that is 110 Volts that is connected to one leg of a double breaker and a Red wire that is also 110 Volts and is connected to the other portion of the double breaker.

I doubt if you really need an electrician to run a new wire. I bet the extra wire you need is already behind your existing outlet. To check it, turn off the breaker that feeds it, just to be safe use a meter to test it to make sure it's dead. Loosen the outlet and pull it out enough with the current wires still connected and look at the romex that is feeding it to see if there is a 4th wire available for you to use.

BTW, beautiful place! I'm also moving closer to the water. Vada point ramp will be about 150 yds away as the crow flies and it has it's share of scorpions and tarantulas.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Odie. It is in Canadian, OK.

Meatdragger, no you wouldn't. It is like very hot bath water....a giant hot tub...even at midnight. The only plopping I do is on the couch to look out the window.

George, I guess technically the problem is in the lines to the septic tank. Some of the toilets do not like to flush well. Septic tank was pumped out, kitchen sink was stopped up for 4 days before it was fixed. (Tons of grease had been poured in it over the years, I guess).

Reaper, Vada Point is a pretty quiet ramp isn't it? You will be fishing in 2 minutes or less at that distance! Good luck on your move! 108 degrees when we moved, now you will have 112 degrees.

I'll have my husband look again for the 4th wire. He said something about a green wire????? We have issues with the pool breaker box, too. No GFCIs in the house or on the pool breaker box. Pool pump throws the breaker every time I turn the pump off with the switch. We have a switch upstairs to turn the pump on and off so we don't have to go downstairs where the pool equipment is. (Below the deck) I don't think anything is wired to code....well, maybe 1966 electrical code! Old house with old wiring and old plumbing! But, what a view!

Post Thanks / Like

If you take a little submersible sump pump and hook it to a piece of capped PVC with holes drilled in it you can cool your pool off at night. The PVC pipe will squirt like the Bilagio in Vegas. Run it at night only and it'll cool all the water off in your pool. My buddy's neighborhood pool does this and it keeps the pool at 78 degrees all day long.

Post Thanks / Like

dscon-Thanks for the idea. We'll put that sump pump on our to-do list.

Peke