Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Troller

Post Thanks / Like

Default Happy Troller

Do any of you use the Happy Troller to slow the motor down to troll? I cannot get my 150 slower than 2.5 so am looking at buying the Happy Troller.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes it will help you out!

Post Thanks / Like

I sell one called Troll A Matic. It doesnt use the rope to release it, so you dont have to worry about breaking it if you forget to release it when you take off.
    The Troll-A-Matic uses heavy springs to stay in the down position, and acts like a hydrofoil when you take off with it in forward. It's made out of a composite material and works like a champ. We use them on our toon, and our Crankin boats.

PS. They are less money than the aluminum rope release type.

PSS. It will knock your in gear idle speed down to 1.3-1.6 approx.
    Last edited by BigRiverMarine; 07-28-2011 at 10:06 AM.
    We only sell the Best. Ranger, Xpress, Yamaha, Suzuki, Tohatsu.

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a troll-a-matic I got from satdoc here. It works great on my 75 Yamaha. It will almost knock my forward speed down to nothing. One word of advice, it does make steering at idle speeds tough when loading the boat on the trailer and such. I put an eyebolt below my console where I can bungee my steering wheel in a straight position then steer with the TM when I need to when pulling Bandits.

Post Thanks / Like

i agree with loading the boat with the troll a matic ,at slow speeds the steering is terrible,lol
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdux View Post
    I have a troll-a-matic I got from satdoc here. It works great on my 75 Yamaha. It will almost knock my forward speed down to nothing. One word of advice, it does make steering at idle speeds tough when loading the boat on the trailer and such. I put an eyebolt below my console where I can bungee my steering wheel in a straight position then steer with the TM when I need to when pulling Bandits.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I used a Troll-a-Matic on a 115 four stroke Yamaha for two years, it worked great, no problems.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riverc View Post
    Do any of you use the Happy Troller to slow the motor down to troll? I cannot get my 150 slower than 2.5 so am looking at buying the Happy Troller.
    I purchased a Happy Troller about 20 years or so ago. It has performed flawlessly through all the years. I did have to replace the release rope after about 15 years of use. I don't know anything about the other unit mentioned here but I would not hesitate to buy another Happy Troller.Thumbs Up
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER!!!
    I QUIT FISHIN, I ONLY GO CATCHIN NOW!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I had one on an I.O. and have had them on all my motors. The one I have now is called the Lil" Fella" It's made by the same Co. only for smaller motors. You will never be sorry you got one. Can't say about the Troll A Matic

Proud Member Of Team Geezer
    Member: Michigan Chapter of Team Overalls

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Toll A Matic on my 70 Johnson and I love it doesn't effect top speed and works great I troll cranks and longline and it works perfect I still use it even though I have an Ipilot and run recorded trcks but I can't say enough aboout the Trol A Matic but it does take away from your reverse. I have hit stumps and oter stuff and it seems to be indistructable LOL. Bolts on and you can forget about it I have never used any of the oher troll add ons butt the guys I fish with al want to get on it seems to have impressed them.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Post # 36. Send StumpHunter a PM and ask him about this one. I know he used it a good bit.

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/south...sifieds-4.html
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast