Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Smithville Lakers or K.C. Area guys....anyone have a 17 or a 19 pitch prop?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville Lakers or K.C. Area guys....anyone have a 17 or a 19 pitch prop?

I'm having some issues with the old blue stratus. I had our local outboard whiz guy Chris look at it and he said the motor is tight and running well but I may have too big of pitch on my Mariner 135 (21 pitch).

So, I'm looking for a 17 pitch or 19 pitch three blader for a Mercury or Mariner 135 (It measures 12.5 inches.......no comments from the peanut gallery, Keeferfish!!!!!RoflRoflRofl)

I'll probably buy one soon, but I'm mainly trying to do some trouble-shooting right now. That 21 pitch works well with a couple fisher-people in it, but as soon as I put a big load on like pulling a skiier or several people (and a cooler...), it lugs down big time.

I'm checking on craigslist pretty regular. I just don't want to dump a whole bunch of bucks on a 19 pitch if I need a 17...

does anyone have any thoughts on four blade props versus 3?
    I believe in catch and release.....right into the grease!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

what is your RPM's at wide open throttle? 21 to 17 would be a pretty major change IMO. If you can get an RPM reading, call these guys and they'll tell you what you need. MIDWEST PROPELLER: BOAT PROPELLER REPAIR AND NEW PROP SALES They've worked a couple props for me, and done work for 2-3 of my buds.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a 4 blade composit for sking and tubing. It works great for that but wouldnt wany to use it in the trees.
    Feel the thump, hear the drag.
    "GET IT IN THE BOAT"

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks KC....did the four blade help your hole shot pulling? I have looked hard at the four blade composite for just this thing and then I'd go back to the stainless 3 blade 21 I have on now.

mduncan. Thanks. I used those guys to tweek a stainless prop I had on a previous boat. I think they were even able to cup it to change the pitch on it and they did a great job. My tach is having some "issues" right now, but I think Chris can fix it up.

I appreciate the input from you guys. I'm leaning toward the 19 instead of the 17....that might be a little drastic.

It's just down right embarrassing trying to pull someone who weighs about a buck 20 out of the water on two skiis and I feel like I have a plow hooked up while pushing wet snow at the same time!
    I believe in catch and release.....right into the grease!!!!!

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

+ 1 on what Duncan said.

I just had them cup my four blade but haven't tried it yet. Also a 17 seems extreme and if they have a couple of used ones they will let you try them out. Mark you might look at the BBC website, there is a lot of good info on props and boat set up. I don't remember if you have a jack plate (I know I've called you a jacka@@Rofl) but I might try to raise mine after I try the tweaked prop.

Try here

BBC Boards: Props

BBC Boards: Bass Boat Setups

Post Thanks / Like

what is your RPM's at wide open throttle? 21 to 17 would be a pretty major change IMO. If you can get an RPM reading, call these guys and they'll tell you what you need. MIDWEST PROPELLER: BOAT PROPELLER REPAIR AND NEW PROP SALES They've worked a couple props for me, and done work for 2-3 of my buds

Besides me and Hogster, name the other one.
    Team Double D - " We're not famous, but we should be."