Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Well, I decided I wanted another small craft

Post Thanks / Like

Default Well, I decided I wanted another small craft

Still gonna keep the inflatable though, but now it won't see as much use. Got this Coleman 10 footer, a Minnkota TM, and a battery for $400. I ended-up knowing the guy who had it for sale (so I didn't try to get him to lower the price, especially when he threw-in this years registration stickers and launch permit, which is $20 alone).

Now it looks like I gotta transfer some of the stuff from the raft to this one (and keep it all so I can switch it back & forth), which I'll probably start on tomorrow. Got a night trip planned for next week.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

New projects are fun. Congrats on the new to you boat. Be sure to let us know how the fri nite fishing goes too.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice rig

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on your new boat. I have a 10' Pelican that I just love for the smaller places. One thing to consider is if you fish with another person is to get another trolling motor for the other end.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks (all)!

gabowman, trip not until the 1st of next week (I generally like to stay off the water on the weekends), but will post about the trip, along with some "boat in the water" pics.

Shawk- Keep an eye on CL, you'll run across one. I actually like the wider (shorter) Bass Trackers, and there was one listed for the same $, just no "extras" and was more of a drive. Good luck with the search!

Raporter- I had my Tracker set-up that way. I'll eventually get a larger TM, and save this one for the other end duty.

Decided because of the narrower floor space, and the fact I'll occassionally fish with a 2nd, I wanted a way to keep some clutter, especially rods) off the floor, but was leery about just setting them on the ledges on each side, so I built a holder out of CPCV that I could R&R when needed/not needed.

Here it is knocked-down for storage:

The mount that stays on the boat:

Rack in the mount:

Safetypin style clip that retains the cross brace:

Rack in-place:

Post Thanks / Like

Uh HUh, you said you were sorry ya got rid of the one ya had and missed it, well looks like ya have another one, congrats, and thanks for the pics, ya gave me a great idea. Good deal on the boat!
    Hey, catchin' fish is easy, finding thems the hard part.