Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: There are exciting things brewing at the Indiana Slab Masters

Post Thanks / Like

Default There are exciting things brewing at the Indiana Slab Masters

Hey all,

We have some exciting Classic stuff in the works, and I hope to have some really big announcements for our club soon! I hope you all have had as much fun this season up till now as I have! This has been one of my most fun fishing seasons ever for me. Just to see the club with a steady participation, and the great, great mix of men, ladies, and kids that make up the body of our club is amazing. Every event has been very challenging, and we have some very good fisherman in our club.

Sometimes it shocks me of all the different ways to catch crappie. I feel like I was very one sided in my fishing prior to this year. I heavily leaned on vertical jigging, rarely spider rigged, and never tried fishing some of the areas that we have learned holds good fish, even in the 90 degree temperature range. I have not had a good competitive year fishing this year, but it still has been a blast. Every year there seems to be a hot team and this year Charlie and Paul Hildreth seem to be the team to beat in our club. These guys have been very consistant, and have thought out of the box more than the rest of us and it has paid off for them.

keep an eye open for some cool year end stuff as the officers of the club are doing a lot of working and planning behind the scenes! I hope to see you all at Cataract (Cagles Mill) 13th of August for our next event. The tournament is 2 weeks from Saturday. Cataract is going to be a fun lake to fish! This will be the 7th tournament out of 8 this year before the Classic since we had to postpone Brookville until September 10th. It is not too late to join the club either, too late to make the Classic, but we will be having a 2012 kickoff tournament this fall for Geist and accepting memberships for 2012, to those that want to fish next year. If you are a current member, your membership is good until the end of the year, so you can fish the fall 2012 tournament on this years membership.

Good fishin'

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds exciting. Can't wait

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have a date for the Geist event?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brushnjigs View Post
    Do you have a date for the Geist event?
    We are looking at Oct 29th as of now but that is subject to change.
    We have several teams that will be going to the Crappie USA classic in October so we are trying to work around that so they can fish our tournament as well.
    Keep an eye on our website and on here as we try to keep everyone posted.
    Tom Hankins
    Lake Fork Trophy Lures
    Whisker Seeker Tackle
    Moss Back Fish Rack
    Cumberland Crappie
    G3 Boats

Post Thanks / Like

I would just like to say that I feel what you guys are doing is great. Myself and the staff at IA give a big thumbs up to what you have pulled off.

Our site is looking into how we can help and further your success.

Look forward to what you have in store for the upcoming year!

Talk with you fellas soon and keep up the good work!
    G & G Baits Ice Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the Kind words Rico, we are still learning and still trying to think of ways to help the membership enjoy fishing with us!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rico View Post
    I would just like to say that I feel what you guys are doing is great. Myself and the staff at IA give a big thumbs up to what you have pulled off.

Our site is looking into how we can help and further your success.

Look forward to what you have in store for the upcoming year!

Talk with you fellas soon and keep up the good work!
    Rico I got your voice mail just now. I will give you a call tomorrow so we can talk about the northern lakes.
    Thanks for your help.
    Tom Hankins
    Lake Fork Trophy Lures
    Whisker Seeker Tackle
    Moss Back Fish Rack
    Cumberland Crappie
    G3 Boats

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to help in any way we can.
    G & G Baits Ice Pro Staff