Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Smithville 7/23 and 7/25

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville 7/23 and 7/25

Brushman, I and another boat went out Sat. night and did some fishing under lights. Started out with a good 12-13 inch fish in about 7-10 fow. Followed by lots of dinks and catfish. Threw the castnet to get some 1.5in shad and used them for bait (I wish I was better at throwing that thing). Up north on the river end, glad he had a gps on the console, made it easier to get home.

Tonight - took the boat out after doing some work since it was running rough.... Caught 4-5 keepers in trees near Trimble in about 12-17 fow using black and silver. Caught them about 6-10 feet down. Moved to a different tree everytime I caught one, even if it wasn't a keeper. Caught some dinks, but the boat ran smooth and the dogs had fun.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you caught a few and the boat is running better.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad ya got out and had a good time! Rodney don't need a gps with the stump jumper?

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like some good times and good fish. Never know what you are going to get into when you drop the lights.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like fun! Thanks for the report, Scott. Too busy to get out these days, but as hot as it's been makes ya think twice about leaving the AC. Nice to know some people are still catching them! Congrats on a couple good trips out.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report Scott,Trying to find time to get out. Bill after Rodney had to wait that long to get his boat back I bet he's not jumping many stumps now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave