Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New guy checkin' in...

Post Thanks / Like

Default New guy checkin' in...

Hey everyone, just lettin' ya know I am here, for what it's worth.

I am new to Crappie fishing, kinda. I grew up fishing with my Dad in Lakes Belton and Stillhouse when I was in Junior High. Then in High School it was the Nueces River system around Campwood, Texas. I stopped fishing when I got out of High School, I'm not real sure why.

However, recently we had an Extreme Hunt out at Lake Granger for wild pigs. What makes an Extreme Hunt extreme is that you can't bring any food, you must eat what you kill, catch or forage. A couple of us brought our poles and it jsut happened that it was right at the beginning of the White Bass run, so we didn't go hungry this time. Not that we usually go hungry, but Whites are better tasting than Raccoon!

So, I went home and broke out all the old gear and lubed, fixed and restrung everything.

Those few hours of fishing rekindled a fire in me I thought had died long ago. MY three year old son (Gage) and I have been out two of the last two weekends. We haven't killed 'em yet but brought back enough both times to make a couple of meals. This past weekend we cought several nice crappie (previous weekend was Whites only) and now I am ate up with catching more. Is that normal?

I have a 12 foot Alu. Jon Boat with a 9.8 four stroke hangin' off the back. Used primarily for hunting, I am thinking now of ways to turn it into a one man Crappie Jaloppie.

Granger Lake is my "main lake", for lack of a better term. But I live close to Georgetown, the upper end of Travis and several other Highland Lakes.

I would love the opportunity to fish with someone who knows the area or just knows what they are doing. My boat ain't fancy, but it is seaworthy!

I don't know how it works with anglers. We hunters have "group hunts" that we organize from a web-site. I would guess a "group fish" is not something ya'll do, or is that called a tournament? Maybe camping trips or something...?

Anyway, just learning the ropes and introducing myself. Cool place ya got here!
    If you have arrived here by accident, I suggest panic!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Howdy

I know what it is to be away from fishin for a while. It is even better when you come back. Welcome from California

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to the board
    get d net <*((((((>{ PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome From Tn.!!
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Rat, your intro reminds me of the Prodical Son. Gage is going to love it too.

Post Thanks / Like

welcome rat from Missouri, yes some fishermen and women get together every spring from this site. Check out the thread on the main forum for crappie camp in AR. My work schedule won't allow me to go this year but maybe next time. Keep that youngun pullin them fish in. -rascal
    "She's A Bute Clark"

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Iowa
    Fishing is a way of life. Teach your grandchildren to fish, hunt and enjoy the outdoors

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Tennessee. lol
    Today is a great day

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from North Carolina...

Post Thanks / Like

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast