Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Greers Ferry

Post Thanks / Like

Question Greers Ferry

New to Greers ferrry lake, Closest to my house and I am short on time these days so I thought I would try it. Anyone with ant suggestions?

Rod

Post Thanks / Like

what part of the lake are you on?

Post Thanks / Like

I fished G.F. yesterday between Choctaw and Sugar Loaf mt. Had very little luck. Caught 3 crappie 9"-10" and 2 small bass. Caught them on jigs in about 5'-6' water. Fished from 2' to 25' of water. All 3 crappie were males and have turned very dark. The fish were very cold to the touch. The bass were too and had almost no color. Over all it was a very slow day of fishing for everyone I talked too but I think with the warm up it should get really good soon.

Post Thanks / Like

The only bad thing is with the warmth comes the wind, I guess it is rarely perfect though.

Post Thanks / Like

A guy I know fishes/lives in the cove creek area, he fishes around cove creek all the way to the big dike, but he said it is still not time yet.

Post Thanks / Like

dmbutler,I live outside of Marshall, So I am closest to The Johnson hole or chocktaw.Went today and caught 1 crappie in about 5 feet of water on a roadrunner. Caught a few white bass after dark.

Rod

Post Thanks / Like

Rod - tell me about the Johnson Hole access. Isn't that actually on the Little Red as it leads into Greers Ferry? We've been thinking about putting in there sometime this spring. As I recall there are some big bluff just down from there. How's the crappie fishing along those bluffs?

We live in Little Rock but have friends who live just east of Clinton on the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Hook- If you put in at the Johnson Hole you cannot go down to the lake to fish that end you need to come up from choctaw. The Hole is probally 1 mile (?) from the actual lake. So far only caught 1 crappie this past week (2 trips) a few whites after dark.