Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

View Poll Results: How much do you spend on terminal tackle and bait per trip/day?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • under 1.00

12 11.11%
  • over 1.00 to 2.00

18 16.67%
  • over 2.00 to 5.00

23 21.30%
  • over 5.00 to 10.00

21 19.44%
  • over 10.00

34 31.48%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How much do you spend per trip/day?

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How much do you spend per trip/day?

Not counting fuel, ice , and ect but just terminal tackle and /or baits. I've been told the umbrella tubes I use are too costly. I use no Crappie nibbles or minnows.
    Thing is I seldom use more than1 leadhead and 2 or 3 tubes per day. At most say .10 leadhead and 3 tubes x .10 totals and occasionally a barrel swivel for say .05 grand total .45 per day average. Even that beats buying minnows at 2.00 dozen plus bobbers,hooks and leads. I have some days I never lose a jig or even a tube to keep a limit.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

I went yesterday, did not lose any jigs/grubs/tackle, so it was a free trip based on your post, but it did cost me $$ in the past to buy the grubs, jigs, line, fuel, etc., so it was not a free trip imo. All I used was jigs with plastic grubs, did pull cranks for short time and did not lose any. 1st time I pulled cranks as an experiment I lost an old but new/never used CB that cost me $4.50 some time ago. Darn striper or whatever it was just snapped my line when he jumped.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

jigflinger is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't even try to keep track of it anymore. Did once, and it scared me. Now that I'm a little more financially secure it would still scare me.

Post Thanks / Like

I never launch without at least $8 worth of minnows.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I longline and usually dont loose any jigs this time of the year so I said less than a buck. When fish are shallow I loose more...maybe a couple bucks.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

i never count money spent against fishing or hunting. if i had it all back i could live the rest of my life very comfortably. i need help.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't keep track on a daily basis but let me ask the wife I'm sure she knows exactly down to the cent for the last three years!

I pull Bandits so 5.00$ a pop depends on if I loose any and when I do I cringe. Longlining I pay 12.50 for 50 of my pulling jigs can't remember what Southern pro hot grubs cost but I really only worry about the jig head. Bought a Gazzilion yds of Vicious Hi vis line last year and it will last me for the next 5 years it was one of those 5000 yard rolls. Spidder rigging sometimes I tip with minnows others just minnows whatever is working 1.50 -2.00 per doz minnows usually get 5-10 doz I'd say the biggest expense I have that imiediatly effects the tripis gas for the boat and truck; because I order jigs and grubs and tubes as I need them or I buy them when I'm at the bait store and the color looks good to me or I see a color that is a go to color.

Post Thanks / Like

Dad and I once caught a motorcycle on a trotline. Yea I said a motorcycle. It was in the Ouachita river, Dad had driven a steel stake on the edge of a gravel bar, tied one end of the trotline to it then ran the line across the river and tied off to a blown down tree, trying to catch some flathead off the gravel bar. The next morning we ran the line using the old wooden cypress boat my Dad had built with the 2 hp Elgin motor on it. About the third hook out we had a Yamaha 100 hooked right in the seat. I guess some one had stole it and run it off the gravel bar. Dad and I laid it across that old boat and took it down the river to a boat ramp. He sold it to a fellow he worked with for $100 The guy drained the crankcase and actually got it running and used it. Dad said that was the only fishing trip he ever came out money ahead on. That sentence why I posted this. Dad has been gone many years but that trip for me is like yeaterday, I was about 11 years old.

Post Thanks / Like

memories is what it all about. not cost. i know what you are talking about ifsh.

Post Thanks / Like

I stop on the way to the lake and pick up 4 dozen minnows and a few snacks what others want. Don't lose a lot of jigs except once in a while it seems like I snag everything and will lose a few. I lose more fish hooks than jigs most of the time. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast