Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Night Fishing For Crappie

ray mcclellan Guest

Default Night Fishing For Crappie

ANYBODY NIGHT FISH? SEND ME ANY TIPS,COLORS,DEPTH,OR ANY OTHER HELP THANK`S

Post Thanks / Like

Set your light out and while you're waiting that's when you get everything set up because fish seldom are quick to school under lights- it can take an hour. Lower your lines to the depth the fish are- if unknown, start at the bottom and work up 1.5ft at a time until the correct depth is found. Minnows are great. Someone reported minnows marinated in whiskey (possibly drunk) have better than average results. Use a rubber band around your reel spool to help "remember" the fishing depth. Keep bait moving- swim minnows from the edges into the light beam and back to the edges. In the summer try places with structure- trees, docks, points, etc. all close to deep water. I fish 8-20ft down in 14-35fow (usually for suspended fish, but I've pulled them off or near the bottom). Avoid getting any chemicals on your hands like bug repellant, gas, etc (these repel fish too). Anticipate the best- rod holders are good as bigger fish can pull your rods overboard. If your minnows die and you're out of live minnows, re-use dead ones by hooking thru the head or eye socket then swimming them around.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ray mcclellan
    ANYBODY NIGHT FISH? SEND ME ANY TIPS,COLORS,DEPTH,OR ANY OTHER HELP THANK`S
    We do alot of night fishing here in Tennessee. It is really good fishing. We use 1/16th ounce jigs with tube skirts. Dark colors on dark nights and light colors on light nights. Minnows are always a good idea day, night, any season. We tightline over the side with rod holders but I prefer to only fish one rod at a time and hold the rod to try and keep them from swallowing the hook. Night fishing for me always brings in small fish and big fish and I sure dont want to kill any fish that is not headed for the grease. Depending on your lake and its variety of species, dont hesitate to cast a Rapala out in the shadows beyond your light for some Walleye, Bass and Striper action. I took a Striper fishing buddy of mine Crappie fishing one night and he caught some small bream and put them on a Striper rod and cast them out into the shadows and he caught a 4lb and a 5lb LM Bass and a couple of Hybrids about 10 lbs in addition to the basketful of Crappies we caught that night. Once you find a good spot to night fish it is hard to do anything wrong if they are biting at all. We usually always get near the limit and they will stick around all summer so you can go back and get them night after night. Good Fishing! Speck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speck1 View Post
    We do alot of night fishing here in Tennessee. It is really good fishing. We use 1/16th ounce jigs with tube skirts. Dark colors on dark nights and light colors on light nights. Minnows are always a good idea day, night, any season. We tightline over the side with rod holders but I prefer to only fish one rod at a time and hold the rod to try and keep them from swallowing the hook. Night fishing for me always brings in small fish and big fish and I sure dont want to kill any fish that is not headed for the grease. Depending on your lake and its variety of species, dont hesitate to cast a Rapala out in the shadows beyond your light for some Walleye, Bass and Striper action. I took a Striper fishing buddy of mine Crappie fishing one night and he caught some small bream and put them on a Striper rod and cast them out into the shadows and he caught a 4lb and a 5lb LM Bass and a couple of Hybrids about 10 lbs in addition to the basketful of Crappies we caught that night. Once you find a good spot to night fish it is hard to do anything wrong if they are biting at all. We usually always get near the limit and they will stick around all summer so you can go back and get them night after night. Good Fishing! Speck
    When its 97 for a high my uneducated self still refers to it as summer......

Post Thanks / Like

Dont know what happened but my last reply had nothing to do with this thread. Sorry for the confusion.

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

handi leave the bud light ALONE
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that's funny. On a 9 year old post no less. Been eating some of those drunken minners for a snack?
    Team Overalls Travel Squad

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both

Post Thanks / Like

LOL, This was a good break for sure! Thanks guys I needed that laugh!

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skiptomylu View Post
    LOL, This was a good break for sure! Thanks guys I needed that laugh!
    kost plus crappie team