Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Livewell Project, Need Everyones Help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Livewell Project, Need Everyones Help

I got my first boat back in Feb. and I love it. The only think I disliked was the huge livewell on the side. I do not use a livewell that much and do not need one of this size. I am wanting to move it behind the seats so it will be out of the way and add a third seat. The one I have now is to big for what I want so I have outlined in the pic what I want, storage on one side livewell other. Where can I find a new liner for it and does anyone have any ideas? I have a few pics so maybe it will help, Thanks for the help, you guys are great!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

If you have any boat dealers close by, you could look at their lines of boats and see if one has a livewell to fit your needs. Then have the dealer order you one. Heck, you might even find one of those storage tubs at Walmart you could convert to one! Insulate the outside and bottom if you can, it makes a big difference it hot temps.

Post Thanks / Like

Could use a cooler, and just run the plumbing to it. It would be insulated already.
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Eager I use a cooler as well, as my front livewell will not hold water for some reason.

Hope this helps:D

Post Thanks / Like

Default Livewell

My boat had no livewell in it and I went to Lowe's and bought a plastic storage container that was the length and width that I wanted. It was too tall so i cut it to the size that I wanted. I then made a frame around it out of aluminum angle and covered that with sheet aluminum. I made a lid out sheet aluminum with a frame around it and attached it with a stainless piano hinge. I then carpeted the whole thing to match the carpet I put in the boat. I left enough space between the plastic container and frame to put in expandable foam for insulation. It is pump fill and gravity drain through the same tube. I also installed an aerator in it and it works great. I have less than $75.00 in the whole thing.
    To make life enjoyable, you must have crappie days.

Post Thanks / Like

You could make it real useful and just put beer in it!!! With ice of course

Post Thanks / Like

Cabelas and Bass Pro sell the livewell liners. They should have different sizes to get what you want. The cooler is a great idea, would save some money too.
    Fishing is a way of life. Teach your grandchildren to fish, hunt and enjoy the outdoors