Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Batteries

Post Thanks / Like

Default Batteries

How long have your Marine batteries for your trolling motor lasted? I replaced both of mine for the 24v trolling motor today. One was good yet and one was bad. I replaced both of them. I want both batteries to be the same and not have a good one and one that won't last much longer. The guy where I got the batteries checked and said the batteries were 10yrs old. That isn't too bad for having them on a trolling motor and discharging and recharging all the time. I have them hook to an onboard charger that charges them and maintains a full charge all the time. When I put the boat up for the winter time I take the batteries out and put in my garage and keep them charged up over the winter. I will charge them about once a month to maintain a full charge on them. I have Delco Voyager 27 batteries and highly recommend them to anyone that is looking for quality batteries. EBThumbs Up
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

10 years old? Don't hear that very often. Makes one think you don't fish very often I get 2-3 years tops out of mine. Boat gets out on the water around 70 times a year. I have an excellent on board charger and always keep them fully charged after each use. I don't buy cheap batteries. When I fish, I fish hard. I would say you got your money's worth out of that one.
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

10 years ago, Delco batteries were made by Delphi Automotive. They no longer make batteries.

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

3 to 4 year average for me as well.