Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Been organizing the trailer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Been organizing the trailer

I live in an RV, and ran out of room long ago for all the important stuff (like fishing gear), and with the recent purchase of an inflatable raft, even made things worse, so I bought an enclosed trailer for the "overflow". I had the recent pleasure to fish with another member here, and brought a few fish home for a meal, plus to give my dad some as well but I had to clean them inside, which I didn't like, so I needed a portable cleaning table too, something I could knock-down (down to 3 pieces) and toss in the cargo trailer. It'll do for now, and I had all the materials on-hand, so there was little cost. I used to use the stand and pipe (with a 3" cap) to help support my boat cover (when I had a larger boat). Eventually I'll build something a little more elaborate, but since I don't have a freezer, I'd never keep/clean more fish than I could eat in a day or two.

Table is an old Christmas tree stand (about 18" diameter, so it's pretty stable), a piece of 3" PVC, some plywood, FRP (fiberglass reinforced panel), and a toilet flange.

Flange on bottom of plywood

Rod holders are just 2X3s drilled/notched with bungee cords at the top to hold the rods in-place. (holder in 1st pic not completed, still need to drill the lower piece for the rod butts).

I also added motion detector alarms inside the trailer.....just in case. The cargo trailer was well worth the money, since now I can keep all my gear with me, and lessen the clutter in the bus. I will also haul my scooter in the trailer, just haven't gotten around to getting the tie-downs put in-place for it yet.

Post Thanks / Like

nice idea!!!!! looks good!

Post Thanks / Like

I am curious about living in the RV. We are new to RV's after buying a 28' trailer last summer. We think we would be better off selling out and living in a nice 38 / 40' RV to speed up retirement. Cash for a trailer versus $1500 month house note plus utilities sounds like a winning deal to me.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Chuck! DR, Been in mine for over a year now, and love it....then again I'm single and live by myself. It takes a bit of getting used to, and some lifestyle adjustments are required (unless you plan to stay somewhere with full hook-ups), such as no more 15 minute showers. Best part is, now, if I don't care for my neighbors.....I just move. Try living in your current RV for a week, forget you have a house for that week. If that goes well, try it for a month. There's a few sites on the internet dedicated to "full-timers", but I'll caution you that if you don't own a $500,000 Prevost (or equivalent), some feel that you don't count. There's more gooduns' than snobs, same as in any other circle.

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice setup you have for your fishing gear. That table will work fine!! Good use of the room you have to work with. Thumbs Up
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

The down side of living in the RV is that around here you can only stay for a short time and then have to move. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks StumpHunter! EB... (2 weeks is generally the limit, then you just have to leave for 24 hours, and can come right back) that's only if you stay in campgrounds, I'm set-up so I can park about anywhere (that's legal) with solar and good water storage capacity.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice idea.
    When we retire we want to travel via RV. My understanding is you cant stay in teh same campsite for more than 2 weeks, unless your the camp host.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!