Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Live well or cooler?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Live well or cooler?

I have always used a cooler to put fish in that I was going to keep to eat and never used a live well to keep fish in. The boat that I have now does not have a live well and I never put one in it. I see most on this forum have and use live wells. Pros cons?... I ask this question because I will be purchasing a new boat in the next year or two (need one with a flat floor, getting too old climb over the seat to get to my casting deck) and was wondering about the live well setup I should look at............

Post Thanks / Like

Live well is for catch and release.

Post Thanks / Like

I have never used a cooler. Due to the fact that, I have never had a crappie die in my livewell. Then again, I don't fish if the temp is above 85..I'm sure that has something to do with the fish not dieing. I have 3 livewells in my boat and I use them all. Depending on wich one I'm closest to when I take the fish off the hook. Cooler just takes up space.
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

If you're not tournament fishing and don't need to keep the fish alive, especially in this heat, just use the cooler. You can always put an aerator in a cooler if you did want some alive. As stated before, a live well is for keeping fish alive. Who cares if all your gonna do is eat em. I'll be waitin for my invitation to eat em!!!!! ;-)
    We only sell the Best. Ranger, Xpress, Yamaha, Suzuki, Tohatsu.

Post Thanks / Like

I use a live well in cool weather and ice in a cooler during hot weather. Lately, since it has been over 100 degrees for a bazillion days it's been catch and release only. The last ones I kept and immediately iced down tasted like they had been par-boiled. I still have some in the freezer from cool weather.
    Proud member of TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by foul hook View Post
    Live well is for catch and release.
    My thought is. If your going to release the fish. Why put them in the livewell to begin with
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

With me it depends on temp. I use my livewell as much as I can, but I take a cooler full of ice in the summer just in case.

Unfortunately I dont always slay em and I personally don't like to clean just a few fish. It's kinda nice to be able to release fish if I don't have enough to mess with at the end of the day.

Be nice if our buddy BRM used his leverage as a boat dealer to suggest to some boat manufacturers that us crappie guys sure would like a sufficiently insulated livewell that could also function as a cooler. :D:D:D

Post Thanks / Like

Who cares? When I get back to the house, they're going in the grease!

Post Thanks / Like

Since I have 3 on my boat why carry a cooler.
    get d net <*((((((>{ PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Splitshot82 View Post
    Unfortunately I dont always slay em and I personally don't like to clean just a few fish. It's kinda nice to be able to release fish if I don't have enough to mess with at the end of the day. Be nice if our buddy BRM used his leverage as a boat dealer to suggest to some boat manufacturers that us crappie guys sure would like a sufficiently insulated livewell that could also function as a cooler. :D:D:D
    Same here

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast