Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spokane/North Idaho Crappie

dewmeister Guest

Default Spokane/North Idaho Crappie

Just wanted to say hi all. I'm a new member and wanted to get some advise on where to get my children into some crappie near the Spokane area. I grew up in Richland and as a child my dad had a friend who was somewhat of an expert as some of you on this board and we would catch crappie by the bucket full near Scootney and other places he had. Now that I'm older I have a hard time getting my children into good crappie fishing. Can anyone help?

Post Thanks / Like

i've heard that downs lake is good for crappie, perch, and bass. the snake river is near there to.
    fishin isn't a sport, it's a way of life.
    A motto I live by. :D
    go dawgs!!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know anything about the Washington side but there are several good lakes not far across the line in Idaho. I fish mostly upper Twin and Hayden Lake for crappie. Hauser is good for perch, trout and bass. It has crappie too, but I have never fished for them there. Hayden usually has the biggest crappie but has a 15 fish limit with none under 10". Most of the lakes have no size or bag limit. You just need to check the regs....

Post Thanks / Like

Silver lake over there has a bunch of crappie from what I have heard.

dewmeister Guest

Thanks for the advise guys. My kids are on spring break this week maybe I'll take them on an early season scouting trip to one of the Idaho lakes you mentioned.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck. Im getting a new mortor and it should be here today or tomorrow. I hope to get out quite a bit after that and should have a pretty good idea where the crappie are......

Post Thanks / Like

The Crappie are starting over here. Im fishing Upper Twin just out of Rathdrum. The water has warmed up almost 10 degrees in the last week. Caught a dozen Crappie yesterday in the 8 to 10" range. They are a little tempermental yet but its starting........

dewmeister Guest

Thanks Blue Duck. I have never been to the Twin Lakes but drive by all summer when going to our river property in Priest River. Is there a public launch? I will be fishing Liberty Lake for bass tomorrow. We went opening day last year and gooned them. I will let you know how we did.

Post Thanks / Like

dewmeister ... I fish upper Twin for Crappie and Bass and lower Twin for trout, blueback and perch. Both lakes have most species but upper Twin is generally shallower and warms up quicker in the spring. Boat ramps are located for lower Twin (turn left at the Lightning Tavern) and drive by the golf course for 1/4 mile to the lake. Very small ramp with no parking. You have to park along the road by the golf course. Upper Twin is another 1/2 mile or so north on the highway. Turn left at the sign. You dirve back there a mile or so and you will come to a boat ramp and parking lot. This area is actually in a sheltered back water between the two lakes. Its a good ramp. The best ramp is another mile up the lake. Just keep going and watch for the sign and the launch on the left. Its located in about the middle of upper Twin.

dewmeister Guest

blue duck .... We fished Liberty on Saturday and managed to catch 10 largemouth from 2-5 pounds. All fish were caught under docks on the east side of the lake. In the afternoon I fished for crappie and managed to catch 10 from 8-10". It made enough for a tastey snack at the end of a fun day on the water. Thanks for the info on twin lakes and I shall give then a try soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast