Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Cabo San Lucas Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cabo San Lucas Fishing

My wife booked us a trip in Cabo this October. Since I won't be bow hunting I may as well go fishing. Has anyone ever ocean fished there before? I've heard its very popular. If you have, please let me know how it went and I'd welcome any advice.

Post Thanks / Like

I've never been to Cabo but I've done a bit of fishing in the keys, both in shore and off shore. My advise to you, especially if you are going off shore is to take dramamine. Even if you have never been sick on a boat. Off shore fishing is different. It doesn't hurt to take it and it's cheap insurance. If you get sick then your trip is ruined and taking it when you begin to feel sick is too late. Take it before you leave the dock. I fish with guys that live on the ocean and fish constantly. Even they take it when they're going off shore.

Post Thanks / Like

i went to cabo last year to celebrate my graduation from OU. while there we went on a chartered fishing trip. its pretty expensive (around $1000 for 10 of us) and we only caught 2 fish. We trolled bait fish with skirts. I got to reel in a 55 pound wahoo, which come to find out is very good eating. a delicacy according to the locals. Also, my friends uncle got to reel in about a 140 pound marlin. It was a long trip, but if you like being out on a boat and dont get sea sick its very fun. especially if they provide the beer lol.