Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Jacomo, yet again. (July 7th, 9th, and 16th)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jacomo, yet again. (July 7th, 9th, and 16th)

Wow...

It's been some time from my last post... things have been crazy with work and trying to get ready for the baby to get here (I'm actually typing this from our room in the birthing center :D) but I have been sneaking out early early EARLY on the weekends chasing the white bass with some success.

On the morning of the 7th, I fished the white bass jumps right after dawn, and had a couple decent fish in the boat (all 12 - 19") but it was still early once the jumps stopped, so I decided to pick up some minnows to dunk at the marina. Glad I decided to. I was headed to one of the marked brushpiles in Liggett cove, but my arch rival (long story) was already fishing out my spot, so I motored across the cove to another cut I've had luck in before. Tied a couple split shots and hooks on and tossed some minnows in the drink about 8' down over an unmarked brushpile in 20' of water. Started out running three rods, but after a couple minutes of set the hook, start reeling, stop, reach down and set another hook, hold that in the lap, continue reeling, unhook fish, set third hook, reel in second, etc. But, to save a lot of typing, I was limited out (30 fish on Jacomo) in an hour and a half all from the same hole. Probably caught a grand total of 50 fish, most were in the 8 - 10" range, but there were a few babies in there. But it was really nice to have a day like that and still get home by 9 with a livewell full.

The next morning I had some minnows left over, so I decided to head out to the same hole and start in bright and early. And much to my surprise... I was limited out and off the water by 8.30. Probably a grand total of 60 fish caught that morning.

This past Saturday, I went to the hole I had originally wanted to fish the week earlier, and was able to float between two brushpiles, and although the bite was slower, the fish were bigger (average size around 10",) and I was still home by 10am.

It was pretty good few days, and it felt great to finally put myself on some fish. Kinda reassuring that maybe last year really was a fluke, and I did retain some fish finding knowledge my dad pounded into my head during all those trips to Truman for all those years.

Hope to take the older girls out early next week, with any luck, I can put us on some fish so they can enjoy it as much as I have here lately.
    I need my sleep... I need about eight hours a day, and at least ten at night. - Bill Hicks

Post Thanks / Like

Good job!
    Give someone a fish and you feed them for a day; teach someone to fish and you feed them for life.
    Matthew 5:19 "Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."

Post Thanks / Like

great report and congrat's on the catching!!! going to get my jackson county boat permit next week and do some night fishing out there!
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch! Congrats.
    We do not want the gift of a fish; neither do we expect a lesson on fishing; what we direly need is a chance to fish

Post Thanks / Like

going to get my jackson county boat permit next week and do some night fishing out there!
    In case you were not aware.....if you wait until August 1st, you can get your permits for half price.

I opted to not get my permits this year. I was fed up with all of the ski boat traffic on Blue Springs last year. It's a shame to have a ramp 3 miles from your house but can't use the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gnrboyd View Post
    In case you were not aware.....if you wait until August 1st, you can get your permits for half price.

I opted to not get my permits this year. I was fed up with all of the ski boat traffic on Blue Springs last year. It's a shame to have a ramp 3 miles from your house but can't use the lake.
    wow i didnt know that! thank's a bunch for the head's up! look's i'll wait til august 1st, thank's again
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

wow i didnt know that! thank's a bunch for the head's up! look's i'll wait til august 1st, thank's again
    No problem... glad I could save you a few bucks. You can click the link below for the rates. The note about 1/2 price is near the bottom of the page.