Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: need a little help

Post Thanks / Like

Default need a little help

I would like to ask a favor, no fishing spots, just some general info. I will be fishing with my 18 yr old son Mon thru Wed, in the Berry Bend area. He is scheduled for hip surgery on Friday (Broke it a year ago in a baseball game) It didnt heal right now we have to go thru this again.I would like to put us on some fish but I am unfamiliar with this area. We will be staying in the area for the first time. Would love to show him a good time before he his house bound/bedridden for at least 90 days. Thanks
    WolfmanJack051
    Gambler Bass Boat

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know any specific areas because I didn't fish that area last weekend but a few of the guys who fished the C.C tournament last weekend fished that area, between there and Tally Bend and reported catching fish anywhere between 3' and 13' of water dipping trees. Wish I could help more, hopefully one or more of them who fished that area will chime in if they were fishing main lake flats or creeks. Hope you catch a bunch and have a good time, wish your son all the best with his upcoming surgery.

Post Thanks / Like

well i put in at berry bend the weekend before last. i was by myself and only have a 9.9 so i like to stay close to the ramp.. i went straight across towards that huge cove and went to the right and started fishing the bluff's, there are 4 or 5 cove's that come up on your left, did my best on the point's of all the cove's... picked up lot's of small black crappie along the bluff's for the most part but when i would come to the next point i would start picking up better fish.... from close to the bank in 6 feet of water working straight out from the point and goin to i think 42 ft. of water... dippin all the timber. never fishing more than 10 feet down, could'nt get a bite deeper than that once i hit the deeper water... worked my way into the cove's a bit and fished all timber including cedar's and picked some up but once i got more than 25 yard's in a cove i would'nt get a bite... after my hardheadness, lol... i just concentrated on the point's more. i saw people tied up and fishing the bluff's in the deeper water in cedars but they were catching the tiny blacks as i was.. if you head out of the buoy's and then hang a right and go a few hundred yard's right before the bend that goe's to the right there is a big cove right and the bend. there is a little nook to the left that goes up to that cove, i caught lot's of dandie's dipping that timber along there up to the point. i would imagine if you went straight across the ramp into that huge cove you could spend the day in there catching slab's.... that's a good place to go if the wind is bad! hope this help's. good luck with to you and your son!
    Last edited by KCMO CRAPPIESLAYER; 07-20-2011 at 10:25 PM.
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Main lake flatts! Fish seem to be scattered in all depths so stay on the move! Don't be afraid to fish shallow!

Post Thanks / Like

been finding fish on the flats just off the trees in 15 to 18 fow and on a stupm or two in 3 ft of water, I would say it is the same all over the lake, good luck and good luck to the boy on his surgery...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I really appreciate the info, its going to be a little more difficult than I thought with him. He's on crutches now, But he can sit with no problem, its getting up on the front of the deck to fish and keeping him from falling in is going to be a challenge. I'll just make him wear a life jacket all day instead of jsut when I'm running. Hopefully it will cool off a bit before monday. If it don't we will just fish for a few hrs each morning and then again in the evening. Thanks again for the info
    WolfmanJack051
    Gambler Bass Boat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wolfmanjack051 View Post
    Thanks, I really appreciate the info, its going to be a little more difficult than I thought with him. He's on crutches now, But he can sit with no problem, its getting up on the front of the deck to fish and keeping him from falling in is going to be a challenge. I'll just make him wear a life jacket all day instead of jsut when I'm running. Hopefully it will cool off a bit before monday. If it don't we will just fish for a few hrs each morning and then again in the evening. Thanks again for the info
    Good luck! Do you have room for a small lawnchair up there or even just a cooler for him to sit on? Best wishes to him for a successful surg. and speedy recovery.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KCMO CRAPPIESLAYER View Post
    well i put in at berry bend the weekend before last. i was by myself and only have a 9.9 so i like to stay close to the ramp.. i went straight across towards that huge cove and went to the right and started fishing the bluff's, there are 4 or 5 cove's that come up on your left, did my best on the point's of all the cove's... picked up lot's of small black crappie along the bluff's for the most part but when i would come to the next point i would start picking up better fish.... from close to the bank in 6 feet of water working straight out from the point and goin to i think 42 ft. of water... dippin all the timber. never fishing more than 10 feet down, could'nt get a bite deeper than that once i hit the deeper water... worked my way into the cove's a bit and fished all timber including cedar's and picked some up but once i got more than 25 yard's in a cove i would'nt get a bite... after my hardheadness, lol... i just concentrated on the point's more. i saw people tied up and fishing the bluff's in the deeper water in cedars but they were catching the tiny blacks as i was.. if you head out of the buoy's and then hang a right and go a few hundred yard's right before the bend that goe's to the right there is a big cove right and the bend. there is a little nook to the left that goes up to that cove, i caught lot's of dandie's dipping that timber along there up to the point. i would imagine if you went straight across the ramp into that huge cove you could spend the day in there catching slab's.... that's a good place to go if the wind is bad! hope this help's. good luck with to you and your son!
    Nice report.
    We only sell the Best. Ranger, Xpress, Yamaha, Suzuki, Tohatsu.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by C N View Post
    Good luck! Do you have room for a small lawnchair up there or even just a cooler for him to sit on? Best wishes to him for a successful surg. and speedy recovery.
    I've got plenty of deck room as its a 22' bass boat, I'm thinking about setting up a bag chair on the front for him, I'm worried about him riding in the boat. Probably just launch and look for the closest standing timber to put the trollling motor down. I doubt if he'll feel much like boat riding.
    WolfmanJack051
    Gambler Bass Boat