Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LOZ Crappie patterns?

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOZ Crappie patterns?

I've been invited to fish with my buddy on LOZ Thursday. He's got a condo on the lake, but isn't a big fisherman. I'm used to fishing Twain (as you can tell by my nickname), but haven't fished LOZ in 10 years. I'm used to dipping, slip bobbering as well as using chuck and wind using small beetle spins. How deep are they at LOZ and what technique is the best? Are the dock patterns the best thing going down there? Thanks for any help- I'm not asking for specific spots,- I don't know where we'll be fishing on the lake anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

I have always just gone off docks and if i had luck it was there, but i don't have the opportunity to get out on the lake cause i don't have access to a boat so i must have luck off docks or i don't catch fish, overall i seem to always have best luck in 12-18 fow fishing 8-10 foot down with salt and pepper tube jigs, 2 in. long tipped with crappie nibble, and i have only fished the niangua arm of it, thats all i have to offer anyway, hope yall have good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

I get a chance to get out on the LOZ waters every 4th of July weekend and find the pattern to be exactly the same every year. Find a large tree or limb that is on the edge of the lake... make sure that edge of the lake has a pretty sharp drop off in depth. Throw tube jigs (1/16 or 1/32oz... preference) and let them sink back towards the boat. Just keep trying different holes till you find a good log with lots of action. Secondly, minnows work really good in these locations as well. Just throw a bobber or strike indicator on about 18 inches from the jig and throw near the log sitting vertical in the water. Good luck, lemme know how it goes!

Post Thanks / Like

I was out a couple of days ago fishin some shallow water up the Glaize and we caught fish in 3'-8' of water in the murky water but they were slow so we moved down to deeper clearer and caught fish suspended about 4' deep over 15'+ around docks,docks are always good this time of year and sawyer gave you a good tip by fishing laydowns.Find out where you'll be fishin and i might be able to help you out a little more,also if you have ever pulled cranks i can almost guarantee limits with em.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

I have heard that big condo docks have been producing. If you don't have a boat (or even if you do) I would walk the dock and try in front of and beside all of the boats with jigs until you locate some. Night fishing the docks can be productive too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwainGang View Post
    I've been invited to fish with my buddy on LOZ Thursday. He's got a condo on the lake, but isn't a big fisherman. I'm used to fishing Twain (as you can tell by my nickname), but haven't fished LOZ in 10 years. I'm used to dipping, slip bobbering as well as using chuck and wind using small beetle spins. How deep are they at LOZ and what technique is the best? Are the dock patterns the best thing going down there? Thanks for any help- I'm not asking for specific spots,- I don't know where we'll be fishing on the lake anyway.
    TwainGang - Usually my kids are ready to swim instead of fish by mid morning.... if you're anywhere near the Niangua arm Friday, shoot me a PM and you're more than welcome to take up a seat in my boat for awhile.

Ralph
    Teach your kids to hunt and fish and you won't have to hunt for your kids !!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bugman View Post
    I was out a couple of days ago fishin some shallow water up the Glaize and we caught fish in 3'-8' of water in the murky water but they were slow so we moved down to deeper clearer and caught fish suspended about 4' deep over 15'+ around docks,docks are always good this time of year and sawyer gave you a good tip by fishing laydowns.Find out where you'll be fishin and i might be able to help you out a little more,also if you have ever pulled cranks i can almost guarantee limits with em.
    Looks like we will be fishing the Glaize arm- putting in at the Coffman ramp, I think. Thanks for the info on depth/location.

Post Thanks / Like

Sir if u ar putting in at Coffman u are in the Gravois arm,,, and if u want the Glaize i would suggest PB 2 or PB 1and come down ,,, Bugman may be able to help out,,, also on the modoc site there should be a map of brush they have placed in that area also for the Glaize,,, jmo
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Gravois- sorry- that's what I meant to say. I'm leaving, so I'll report back Friday. I'm a guest, so I'm not calling any shots in someone else's boat- only giving suggestions, perhaps. (I know how that annoys me when someone fishes as a guest in my boat). Thanks again, folks...

Post Thanks / Like

Docks,docks and more docks in that area will produce,also check out the shallow water in the upper end of indian and little gravois creek early in the day.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast