Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Minnesota Trip this fall...looking to rent a boat and trailer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Minnesota Trip this fall...looking to rent a boat and trailer

My dad has offered to pay for a fishing trip to Minnesota for my b-day this fall, probably the end of September. I guess when you hit the old half century mark, your dad feels sorry for you and wants to pony up for a fishing trip!!!

In the past, we have gone to north central Minnesota...Itasca County and it was awesome! I am really looking forward to it.

Now, for the kicker. His brother who just turned 80 and some of his sons may be able to meet us up there, but they live in Flagstaff, AZ and will probably fly in to either KC or Mpls to save on all the windshield time. So, I'm trying to find someplace that rents a small fishing boat and trailer. I'll bring my boat, but we may be looking for one or two other rigs...

Any ideas from my crappie.com brothers would be greatly appreciated. I thought I would probably post something on the Minnesota thread as well....

I appreciate it,

Mark
    I believe in catch and release.....right into the grease!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

It depends on where you're staying, but the resort we stay at in Minnesota rents fishing boats by the day or week. We always just rent it from them for the week .. saves lots of hassles. Not sure where you're staying, but thought I'd throw that out.

Have a great trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Bill....could you pm me the info on that lodge? The places we stayed in the past went belly up I think! We were northwest of grand rapids in a little town called balsam off the scenic hwy.

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

My boat could go but your dad would have to adopt a good son for a week!Rofl

Post Thanks / Like

Mark, what lake did you fish up there? Big Sandy or Minnewawa? Everything else around there looks pretty small.

Post Thanks / Like

Joe, it looks like we are going to Spider Lake. They have boats you can rent for a week, but I still haven't given up on finding a boat with a trailer to use up there because there are so many small awesome lakes and they pretty much all have a public boat ramp. Spider Lake is north and west of bovey, mn out in the sticks. I think we fished it once when we were up there in the past, but like I say, it's nothing to hit 2 or 3 lakes a day and never fish the same lake twice.

Bill, I always, thought of you as a brother from a different mother anyways, so bring it on, man!!!! Although, some of those little lakes up there would be chicken scraps for that bad boy boat of yours.....it would eat them up in no time!!!:rolleyes: