Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Green light results

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Green light results

Fished truman, fairfield area on pole timber 35 ft deep on saturday night.
    Caught limit on minnows between 8-12 ft down. Real slow, full moon, usually
    don't do as well on a full moon at night fishing. Pitched the minnow away from
    the light and let it come back to it, crappie would hit as soon as it got into
    the lighted area. Used a green light in the water, unfair test due to full moon,
    but also used one in the boat on a pvc stand, worked great.
    Put out a pale light i could see my rods and light was good enough to tie on hooks.
    Best thing, very few bugs attracted, won't say none, but very few, i usually
    use a hooded work light with a yellow bulb for light in the boat, this time of year, still
    attracts a lot of bugs, the green light didnt, only down side was rods must have the
    ends painted white, one ugly stick, unpainted, snuck in the boat, i tried it but it was a nogo
    all of my other rods are painted and worked fine. I hate to buy bass pro stuff, usually
    overpriced, but the 21 inch lights worked great for me.

John b.

Post Thanks / Like

nice going John, glad it all worked out for you. good times, great fishing, and not many bugs

Post Thanks / Like

Good job, glad to read your report on the light.

Post Thanks / Like

glad to hear the bps lights work good, I have the shorty but not had the opportunity to use it yet, dang weather won't cooperate with me much right now. When I have time, it's threatening storms, when I don't have time, it's good weather, dang it.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.