Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smithville Sat 7/16

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville Sat 7/16

Finally got the wife onto some crappie! We put in at CB about 6:00 pm went up to the W bridge on Owl Creek arm to fish in the shade till the sun went down a little. My wife caught about 25 shorts no keepers there, I only caught 1.

About 8:30 we went to the 1st big cove to the south (the one that runs almost straight north) through out a few jugs for ole wiskers and a crappie light. By 11:30 we had 14 keepers, 5 4-8lb channels and one 10 lb blue.

Crappie seemed to prefer minnows to jigs but did hit on blue and pearl 8-10 ft down just outside of light.
    Give someone a fish and you feed them for a day; teach someone to fish and you feed them for life.
    Matthew 5:19 "Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sow Tamer!

Did you happen to catch a nice white rope off the third pier in from the east? My wife and I "lost" one there last week while trying to tie up. Oh well.

: )

Please do drop me a PM regarding that cove though. I can't seem to get it in my head. Good fishing and congratulations to getting your wife on the fish!!

Bruce

Post Thanks / Like

We went up to W bridge Sat also.Caught a lot of 8 3/4's. 6 keepers 1 catfish. Good time.
    RHill KCNorth

Post Thanks / Like

No rope was found. But if I happen to hook it I will let you know. The best way that I have found to get a rope around the piers is to tie a jug to end of rope and whip it around the pier even if it does not make it all the way around you can troll around to the jug to get the end.
    Give someone a fish and you feed them for a day; teach someone to fish and you feed them for life.
    Matthew 5:19 "Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like a good time. congrats on the fish, love them catfish

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like it was a success on both the crappie and the cats. Congrats.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

night fishin with your wife and catchin fish,that's what my wife calls romance.

Post Thanks / Like

aha. A jug. That seems smart than tying loops in a rope and passing it from oar to oar like my wife and I do.......especially in light of the fact that our best rope ended up at the bottom.

: )

Good fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by snakedodger View Post
    night fishin with your wife and catchin fish,that's what my wife calls romance.
    Makes for a pretty good date, in the winter we go check traps on Sat nite.
    It is nice to have a good un.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you have a good one, nice job!
    Work so I can fish and fish so I can survive work.
    Kevin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast