Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: The great "SHAD" experiment

Post Thanks / Like

Default The great "SHAD" experiment

Well we went to Stockton on Saturday, stopped in greenfield and got our minnows. on the lake at CC by 6:45 caught a net full of inch to inch and a half shad, put them in an old over the side minnow bucket. We fished between roark and cc in 26 FOW about 10-12 feet down in the trees. Katie used the minnows i used the shad. IMO they both caught fish about the same. So what im taking away from this is about what everyone else has said. The shad are hard to keep alive (Didnt seem to matter to the fish) and dont seem to do any better than the minnows and they are free for the taking. I keep my throw net in the boat so if i ever run out of minnows ( they are much more convenient and not slimy and get crap all over your boat) i think i will stick with minnows. just my thoughts. we ended up with 21 keepers and were off the lake by noon. man its hot!!! but not before a nice dip in the lake to cool off. We did find some arrowheads while swimming on our favorite point tho, thought that was pretty cool. Anyhow thats how the "SHAD" experiment went for us. Peace.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info, Bigbill....good to know.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report

Post Thanks / Like

congrats on the outing, nice when a experiment goes well and one learns a bit...

Post Thanks / Like

Good job,glad u had a good day.