Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raccoon Tournament Results

Post Thanks / Like

Default Raccoon Tournament Results

The Indiana Slab Masters had our only Sunday Tournament yesterday on Raccoon, and Paul and Charlie Hildreth Won. Paul and Charlie are having an exceptional year, and have finished in the top 5 in each of the tournaments they fished this year. Myron Etchison and Ron Gooding finished 2nd, both had a little over 4 lbs. Congratulations men!

Our next tournament is next month at Cataract, and the good news is it looks as though it could possibly be down to summer pool by the time we get there!

We also voted to have a late fall tournament that will count towards next season at Geist Reservoir. This will probably take place in late October.

We had a total of 27 teams on a 90+ degree day. That was very encouraging to see how alive and well our club is!

Keep an eye on the website for the details for the complete results and the story at Raccoon, and the details for the Cataract tournament!

Good fishin'

Post Thanks / Like

Wish you guys were a little closer south. I would love to partake.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Locator79 View Post
    Wish you guys were a little closer south. I would love to partake.
    I would trade a tournament on Raccoon for one at Hardy in a heartbeat! That place was a mess! Now I know why Grandpa said we only fish the coon tuesday through thursday!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. This was my first time on Racoon and I honestly would be ok if it was my last. The only way I will ever go back is if there is a tournament there next year. Way too many boats and dad kept missing fish cause he was looking at the "scenery"!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by filletfetish View Post
    I would trade a tournament on Raccoon for one at Hardy in a heartbeat! That place was a mess! Now I know why Grandpa said we only fish the coon tuesday through thursday!
    Now your talking!
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

Hello guys this was my frist time at Racoon lake... its a beautiful lake, it would make a great tournament lake early in the spring or late in the fall... anytime before all the tourist get there boats out of dry storage...
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, Raccoon is a great lake. But fishing there in July is not fun. *Dont blame the lake*, most lakes in the summer are a zoo but we had to fish somewhere. I have fished coon for over 22years and never fish it in the summer. We will see what happens for next year.

http://www.indianaslabmasters.com
    Jason Snyder
    Southern Pro Tackle, Juiced-Up Baits
    Roadrunner Fishing Team, Frogg Toggs

Post Thanks / Like

Keep those thoughts in mind, we could do things like have a half night/half day tournament during the summer months next year. We could also shorten tournament hours during the summer too next year. this was an exceptionally hot tournament, and the boat traffic on Raccoon is horrible. There are so many very large boats on such a very small lake, it reminded me of Geist during the summer.

Post Thanks / Like

a 4# of bag? how many fish per boat/person do you allow in your tourney? are your rules posted on here somewhere? these tourneys sound interesting.

thanks in advance for the answers.

Post Thanks / Like

QUOTE=river scum;1598308]a 4# of bag? how many fish per boat/person do you allow in your tourney? are your rules posted on here somewhere? these tourneys sound interesting.

thanks in advance for the answers.[/QUOTE]

Visit Home - Indiana Slab Masters[

7 fish limit atleast 9"

Raccoon was a tough lake to fish this weekend. We have had some awesome weigh-ins at other lakes this year.

http://www.indianaslabmasters.com
    Jason Snyder
    Southern Pro Tackle, Juiced-Up Baits
    Roadrunner Fishing Team, Frogg Toggs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast