Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just playing around with "bugs" ...

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Just playing around with "bugs" ...

... and came up with these "critters" Rofl

Took some 1" Beetle Spin grub bodies (green w/blk lines down back), some 1" plain Chartreuse grubs, and some brown 1.75" twin tails ... added some Chartreuse w/silver glitter "legs" to the BS grubs - some pink & some clear w/silver glitter "legs" to the plain grubs - some rubber band legs/wings to the twin tails - and some Krystal Flash to the BS & plain grubs.

The pink, clear, & chartreuse "legs" were borrowed from the tails of some tubes that I rarely use ... and the Krystal Flash came from the tails of the tubes shown in pic. Needle is a "sack" needle ... Scissors are the Fiskar Child Size that I use to cut braid. And that lonely looking jighead, in the bottom left of the picture, is a 1/32oz w/#2 gold Aberdeen & Y guard (that I meant to put next to the "critters", for scale, but forgot to Doh )

Thanks to you guys, for giving me the ideas & info on how to modify plastic jig bodies Hands Clapping

... cp

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Those look pretty good pappy.....good job!
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you just need to add water and you are ready to catch em. Nice job making the bugs. I think all fish likes bugs with legs at times and some fish like them all the time. Good luck and thanks for posting the pic. Thumbs Up
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You have a talent my friend. It is amazing what you can do to make baits more attractive to fish. Very nice job. Well done there.

I may have to add some bugs to what I have been doing. I have extra squirrel and Kip tail and rubber skirt material. Hmmmmmm. May have to get some more Jilly Jelly bodies from Snake River.
    http://www.crappie.com/crappie/jig-t...em-photos.html
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

looks good

snake River is online now Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

that is fantastic that is truly what I love to see on here somebody that is creative in making up their own plastic bodies good job very creative.

www.bobsjigs.com

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is what I threw together just now. Thank you for the idea Pappy. These are Jelly Jig Bodies from Snake River.

Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good job crappiepappy. Those ought to tear the bream up.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 07-19-2011 at 07:23 AM.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Very creative gentlemen. Those would do the job on bluegill here in Northern Indiana!! Might have to make me some.

snake River is online now Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shipahoy41 View Post
    Here is what I threw together just now. Thank you for the idea Pappy. These are Jelly Jig Bodies from Snake River.

ship outstanding job with the marabou in the body I never thought about doing that that way your the man in a course pappy you guys are doing fantastic keep up the good work we will definitely use the marabou ideal for sure did you think about putting living rubber for a tale with the marabou ideal.

www.bobsjigs.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast