Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Adam

Post Thanks / Like

Default Adam

Adam,

Just curious to how you did at the tournament sat. I talked to several of the guys in the club that prefished thursday and all said no big ones could be found. Hopefully you found them up the nianga or were u was fishing.

Ted
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

i fished by myself ended up with 5.31, good enough for a lousy 16th place. didn't catch a fish over 12 inches but i probably culled 25 fish to get my best 10. i would guess that i caught 60-70 fish total. all of my fish were between 10.5 and 12. i did have one fish break my line that would have helped me out, but we all know how that goes. the winner pulled in 9.08 and was catching his fish in 30 ft of water. the majority of the weights were between 7.5 and 5 lbs. most people caught their fish from 6 to 15 ft and i talked to two guys who were casting to riprap and catching blacks in two feet of water. i did have a blast though, and plan to enter as many tournaments as the ole wallet can tolerate .
    "Give me crappie, or give me death"

Post Thanks / Like

That sucked that you fished by yourself, but sounds like you did good for only being by yourself. I wish there was some touraments coming up in the next month or two but doesnt look like till spring. Maybe you will have some better luck when the crappie usa comes to your home lake in april. Are you goin to just stick with crappie usa or you goin to try the crappie master circuit also? And you also have the right idea about having a blast and that is what they are about, and the friendships that can be made.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

Question Did ya go Ted?

How did you end up doing Ted? Did you go ahead and fish by yourself, or did you find a partner? The weights that won make me sick, knowing what I knew before hand!

My situation unfortunately is still the same here! No renter, and still one of the meanest, trickiest, fastest damn squirrels you could ever find still terrorizing my house as of last night. I might of got him killed off now though. He didn't bark at me this morning from were he had fortified himself under my fridge. Couldn't shake him out at all! So I resorted to weapons of mass destruction! I pulled out the amonia, the oven cleaner, and some acetone and blasted under my fridge with all three last night. I then blocked the fancy dressed rat's escape route with an oven rack. HAR HAR! Die rodent die!(doc says I will be OK after a few more pills)

<,*}/>{ Rippa (R.I.P. for the squirrel!LOL)
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids

Post Thanks / Like

Default No didnt make it...

I didnt make it out there, which was ok. I talked to a couple of the guys sunday that fished. And you was right the amature class out weighed the pros. And if we would have gotten in the pros we would of qualified for the regional. I dont think they had more then 7 or 8 pro teams, top 10 got automatical qualifactions. Not to many big fish was found. The same from what Adam said. Sorry to hear no renter yet and at least you killed the tree rat.

Adam you fishing this weekend at LOZ or you goin out to shoot Bambi?
    Ted

Post Thanks / Like

going to the deer woods this weekend and the next. usually spend more time playing cards and boozin than huntin though. how about yourself
    "Give me crappie, or give me death"

Post Thanks / Like

Man, if PETA saw this thread.... I'd LMAO!!!

Yep! We'd a been qualified no doubt Ted. Another day will shine for us sometime. As you said, "some times things come up that you just can't change." Still bums me out that we missed the easy qualification for regionals though.

Full baskets and tags to both of yas when you go! I hope to get back down to LOZ again this year yet. If you want some of them jigs, let me know Ted!?!?
    Remember to Eata PETA! LOL

<,"}/>{ Rippa :p
    Last edited by Tim The Lippa Rippa Mon; 11-08-2004 at 08:47 PM.
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids

Post Thanks / Like

Default Send PETA over to my house

I will show them what good eatin is all about. Adam I will probably be out on the water this weekend fishing. I am wanting to find some new water down at the LOZ, so I am hoping to do some scouting. Also looks like its goin to turn cold so it should be good in both ways. Hunters in the woods and the big boats in the slips.

Tim, I will trade some of your jigs for some of my home tied marabou weedless jigs that I have started making. Tell me what color u like most and I will send ya some.
    Ted